Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
This times a million billion. All this stuff is great and really the heads look phenomenal but there's entirely too many people trying to solve non-existent problems. You end up paying 50% more for a product that's 5% better.

From the standpoint of a vendor we sell almost no reinforced small block parts. Not that we don't offer them. They just don't sell. People know they're not needed. And the same goes with much of this other stuff. People aren't necessarily doing it better; they're just doing it different.

ZZP was smart by sticking their money where their mouth was. They shut the naysayers up because they put several cars out there that ran and ran well, they wore their failures on their sleeve and they told you what parts they ran and more importantly: what parts were unnecessary horseshit. Zooomer might have been a dick every step of the way but it doesn't matter. He told me once that people don't care if he's a dick so long as they know they can trust that what he says is accurate. And you know what, that's dead on because I was the nice guy with cheaper prices and ZZP cleaned my clock year after year in sales all the while person after person in the community swore they wouldn't shop with ZZP any longer. But I digress...

It is no coincidence that the biggest, fanciest builds also end up being the cars that disappoint the most. Keep it simple stupid. Stop with all the extra engineering. Build it simple enough to work and simple enough so that when it breaks (and it will break either way) you don't need to replace a completely custom setup that didn't solve the problem you set out to solve anyhow.

Awesome honest post. Rare to see on a forum.

I totally agree with the K.I.S.S. Method. It served me very well. Had fun for a small amount of money.

Still the most fun $ for $ was my 500$ GTP with small slicks and a turbo kit (that we reused in the twin engine car). 11.0 @ 127 mph everything else being bone stock, even the trans. Made like 8 events with it, never hurt the trans or the engine (with 160K miles and stock original HG)

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I really don't understand the logic of Kevin Yates. Like $10k into a 3800 with a Gen 3 m90 that will probably run 12's when it's done in a few years. Whatever makes him happy I guess.

Chris Hinson has said a few questionable things online that really scare me, especially when he is considered an "expert" and lots of newbies are getting advice from him. He appears to be a thug, and has some interesting youtube videos talking about how a VS cam'd car will walk any turbo car on the street.

But, like Mike said, I really do wish that I would have kept it simple, instead of waiting for years to acquire every GMR and Cartuning part I could. I would have had a lot more fun with a basic turbo kit on my car that would trap 125 fairly easy versus spraying the shit out of it and hoping to get the hole shot on RWD cars so they wouldn't walk away from me on the big end.

I really don't understand the logic of Kevin Yates. Like $10k into a 3800 with a Gen 3 m90 that will probably run 12's when it's done in a few years. Whatever makes him happy I guess.

The guy has an unpainted cowl hood and a giant rear wing on his grand prix, and his engine is painted gloss white. That should explain all you need to know about him.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The guy has an unpainted cowl hood and a giant rear wing on his grand prix, and his engine is painted gloss white. That should explain all you need to know about him.

Seriously what the fuck, look at this ricer junk :rofl:

11157569_742967882482906_6041150913390136032_o.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info