Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

The math on it actually kind of works. If I was making ~470 crank (before supercharger drive losses and transmission losses) on an M90 with an overdrive crank and 2.55" pulley @ 5500rpm, the straight-line extrapolation of that at 7,000rpm is 598. However, I'd say that's more like a 3" pulley, which drops it back to 511. The heads and other mods don't mean shit if the supercharger only puts out X cfm...that's your hard limit.

So I'd say it's narrowly possible that engine makes 561 crank HP, but where he would have come up with that number, I don't know. Even on an engine dyno it won't spit that out because there's no way he's making that AFTER supercharger drive losses, and he's certainly not making it without the supercharger. I tend to guesstimate my crank power by taking my fuel flow and taking into consideration my reported AFR to get an airflow and calculating power based on that. It leaves plenty of room for error, but at least gives you a theoretical ballpark.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
The math on it actually kind of works. If I was making ~470 crank (before supercharger drive losses and transmission losses) on an M90 with an overdrive crank and 2.55" pulley @ 5500rpm, the straight-line extrapolation of that at 7,000rpm is 598. However, I'd say that's more like a 3" pulley, which drops it back to 511. The heads and other mods don't mean shit if the supercharger only puts out X cfm...that's your hard limit.

So I'd say it's narrowly possible that engine makes 561 crank HP, but where he would have come up with that number, I don't know. Even on an engine dyno it won't spit that out because there's no way he's making that AFTER supercharger drive losses, and he's certainly not making it without the supercharger. I tend to guesstimate my crank power by taking my fuel flow and taking into consideration my reported AFR to get an airflow and calculating power based on that. It leaves plenty of room for error, but at least gives you a theoretical ballpark.

Nitrous ?

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Nothing is ever impossible. Nitromethane mixed fuel, Alcohol, super high timing, a really well dialed in motor/top end and compression choice etc...
can give some pretty surprising number. Did they achieve this ?
Only one way to find out. Show the engine on the dyno with a live run and show what's around the motor for nitrous jets etc...

Not doubting their number but not believing until I see a solid proof. Their number is not made to be a guesstimate. He states a specific number here.

They may have a surprise for us who knows...

Nothing is ever impossible. Nitromethane mixed fuel, Alcohol, super high timing, a really well dialed in motor/top end and compression choice etc...
can give some pretty surprising number. Did they achieve this ?
Only one way to find out. Show the engine on the dyno with a live run and show what's around the motor for nitrous jets etc...

Not doubting their number but not believing until I see a solid proof. Their number is not made to be a guesstimate. He states a specific number here.

They may have a surprise for us who knows...

No way man, it's gotta all be from those ported heads :rofl:

Point taken though, nitrometh or other exotic fuel/oxidizer blends can make essentially unlimited horsepower if the supply system is up for it and the bottom end will take it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
LOL ohh trust me I thought about the methanol route when I found out I can get 55 gallon drums of Sunoco for 225 a drum back at home from Orchard Oil.

Wonder how much compression would have to be changed and methanol and nitrous would be pretty badass with out having to use a garbage A2W ic..... LOL

:s00ls:
[MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION]

I could state a specific number by picking one out of my ass too.... Until its got some kind of proof I still say bullshit. :rofl:

LOL ohh trust me I thought about the methanol route when I found out I can get 55 gallon drums of Sunoco for 225 a drum back at home from Orchard Oil.

Wonder how much compression would have to be changed and methanol and nitrous would be pretty badass with out having to use a garbage A2W ic..... LOL

:s00ls:

[MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION]

I could state a specific number by picking one out of my ass too.... Until its got some kind of proof I still say bullshit. :rofl:

Straight methanol primary fuel is a pain in the ass. Plus there's no easy way to know where your timing needs to be...you will NOT see knock, lol. Apart from going through fuel pumps like mad, and having to warm the car up on propane in cold weather I loved the stuff. But it was $1.75 a gallon when I started buying it and the last load I bought was over $3 a gallon so it doesn't make sense anymore considering the 2.3x flow requirement over gasoline.

I mean it does work great, and I could see it in a race-only car. But for a street car the flow requirements for decent power levels get crazy. I mean you need a minimum of two in-tank high flow alcohol rated pumps (and they still don't last, in my experience). And I was very close to maxxing out my 1250 injectors around 500hp. Not to mention the cold starting issues. The car literally will not start on methanol if it's below 45 degrees out. No matter what. Not with ether, etc. You have to warm it up for at least 30 seconds on some other fuel.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
LOL I have a fuel cell and an external inline pump along with steel braided lines. I got all that shiz from Greg Pritt aka GMRBadass when I bought the Caged GTP roller.

It would most def be for summer only caged car racecar only...

I think 160# injectors from ZZP or else where would do nicely. :rofl:

Im so torn what to do. Part of me says fvck it and turbo my bronzemist car with the S1x cam in it and enjoy 400+ whp without even trying.

The other part says stick to the plan and put the fuel cell T70 turbo kit ST5 cam electric water pump zex nitrous kit slicks and skinnies and toss everything I have at that caged shell. Id just have to bite the bullet and make a 4t80 fit because not a chance in hell im spending mega bucks for GMR transmission unobtanium.....

LOL I have a fuel cell and an external inline pump along with steel braided lines. I got all that shiz from Greg Pritt aka GMRBadass when I bought the Caged GTP roller.

It would most def be for summer only caged car racecar only...

I think 160# injectors from ZZP or else where would do nicely. :rofl:

Pumps are the problem, more than injectors. You can get big injectors, you can't get big electric pumps. You think you can, but that's because you haven't looked. Despite TONS of research and shopping around I was unable to find a single electric pump that would provide the flow at the pressures I would need (cuz high boost). The closest was a $750 external weldon that would do 478hp on methanol at the pressures I was running. Any higher singles I could find were low pressure or carb pumps.

For the boost I'm going to be running now that it's twincharged, I would have had to have TWO of those and like 2500cc injectors to max out the setup. The only real methanol or nitrometh solutions are mechanical pumps. Which is a pain in the butt I didn't want to deal with, especially with the rising prices of methanol. The cheapest way is probably to get a pair of alcohol rated 450 walbros (which will fit in a stock tank with no fuel sender) and split the rails...two feed lines, Y into a big regulator, 1 big return.

Anyway, my current opinion is that methanol doesn't make sense from a fuel system cost standpoint (unless you wanna put more money into your fuel system as your turbo) on builds over 500hp, and it doesn't make sense period on builds less than that because you can easily get there on E85 or even pump gas. And this coming from the guy who loves the stuff and used to DD on it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Yup E85 + Turbo = Done.

Also why not just run dual injectors instead of massive ones? I thought that was pretty easy to do using NA heads and the SC lim? I don't remember the combination exactly. I was thinking that would be a slick way to do direct port setup too.

But yeah I wish I had pics fo the Weldon that I have and the braided lines and fuel cell. :rofl:

Working on closing on a new house at the moment so well see how things play out after that. That will kind of dictate how retard I can go on the caged car. Plus going straight back to Washington DC for 2 years would help the wallet for the cause too.

Yup E85 + Turbo = Done.

Also why not just run dual injectors instead of massive ones? I thought that was pretty easy to do using NA heads and the SC lim? I don't remember the combination exactly. I was thinking that would be a slick way to do direct port setup too.

But yeah I wish I had pics fo the Weldon that I have and the braided lines and fuel cell. :rofl:

Working on closing on a new house at the moment so well see how things play out after that. That will kind of dictate how retard I can go on the caged car. Plus going straight back to Washington DC for 2 years would help the wallet for the cause too.

It would be supercharged heads plus NA lower intake. Which would probably be fine for a turbo only setup, but not twincharged...I need my SC lower. Of course, it could be set up for it one way or another, but the point is the injectors aren't the issue anyway (unless you were wanting to do dual fuel).

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
:eek3: :ugh: :rollpicard: :angrys00ls: :noes: :hsughr: :mamoru: :ugh2: :retard: :greddy2: :eek2: :jerkit:

Anyone want a set of $4000 dollar heads.....Not even aluminum.......

https://www.facebook.com/Handcraftedahorsepower/

Holy fuck please tell me this is a joke? I don't care if they were made of gold this is absurd!

Bully-Flo Racing Heads Just shy of $4000 with titanium, bronze & copper parts. Just above 2800 with severe duty stainless steel, bronze & nickel chromium parts.

Bully-Flo Racing Heads

October 25 at 11:42pm ·
1.780 install height for 155 pounds on the seat verified by the spring height micrometer. Titanium retainers, keepers and valves. Valve to guide clearences set at .0013 (intake) and .0018 (exhaust) to allow for thermal stem expansion. Bronze intake guides and Phosphorus Bronze exhaust for heat extraction. These heads are built to handle 8000 RPM at 650 lift day and night.

Must be what a $2000 dollar port job? I wonder what the hardware costs. Valve springs, rockers, retainers, ect, ect, 50/50 parts cost vs post cost? LOL.....

I. Don't. Even. Know. What. To. Say.......

As much fun as it is to bash these guys, have you ever worked heads yourself? That shit sucks. I'm doing mine right now for the rebuild, and it's always a surprise just how long it takes. I am going to have probably 3-4 hours into just each chamber, let alone the ports (although that will be relatively quick since I am just gonna do a quick gasket match/blend)...and mine are by no means going to be perfect, I haven't even gotten quite all the pits out.

It could easily be 20 hours plus countless amounts of consummable abrasives for a quality port and chamber job. Titanium shit ain't cheap either...just my retainers were like $200. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their work, I'd have to see it in person...But as far as pricing goes, it's certainly not a value but if it's quality work then it's not unreasonable. I sure as shit wouldn't want to do this for people for a living.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
you can get heads done from the shop that used to hand port zzp heads for less than 1000 bucks they have a flow bench and will show you all the numbers on your heads compared to any zzp head you want, im sure the heads are great but at some point there are minimal returns for extra porting and polishing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info