Bought a skid loader

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
That window was about $100 but such a pain to put in. But, I've never done that before, so someone that does it often with the proper tools, it wouldn't be bad.

I have the headliner washed up, just need new push clips to put it in. Not much air comes out of the vents when I crank the fan up. Still trying to figure that one out.

Also, do you know how to set the security code? I'm going to be leaving this thing at job sites, and I don't want people to just hop inside and drive it away.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I've thought about gps trackers on all my equipment and trailers. I usually just end up locking trailers up and pulling keys from the other stuff. I keep insurance on it all and if something happens oh well....the world moves on.

I did some research on my keypad system. I need to call the bobcat dealer to get the master code, then I can reset it. It's going to be interesting to see what they require for me to prove I own it.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
IMG_20200420_151825290_HDR.jpg

Went and grabbed a post hole digger to start on a building. Got one hole dug and the female hydraulic coupler came apart. Went and bought a new one, and the remaining 11 holes dug fine. I then moved all the dirt from the holes onto one pile. Overall it worked pretty well.

IMG_20200421_160535101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200421_160551885_HDR.jpg

There is some play in the lower pins that connect the arms to the bob-tach plate. I tried to pop them out, but gave up. I was close to the dealer, so I'll let them mess with it.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Forgot to update this. I blew out and washed out the evaporator, hydraulic cooler, and radiator. Got lots of junk out of it.

IMG_20200610_154509354.jpg

IMG_20200610_154520040_HDR.jpg

It's still getting hot though. It's definitely quicker to get hot with the A/C running. I think there might be an air bubble in the cooling system. But bobcat uses that glycol propelene coolant, which I can't find anywhere. Once I can make it to the bobcat dealer, I'll see what it costs and see if I should just switch it over to green.

I did throw a couple cans of freon in the system though, and it will keep the can bearable on a 90° day. It's still a bit low according to the gauges, so I need to put in another can. I'd just like to do it without watching the temp gauge all the time.

• Wow
Reactions: EmersonHart13

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Used it to strip vegetation off an area that I'm putting a building up. I didn't grab any pictures of that though. It worked alright for that, but more traction would have helped. I'll probably keep this thing longer than I anticipated, but a tracked unit is definitely coming. I decided I should probably upgrade my telehandler first.

Also dad bought a bale spear for it and we used it to load cornstalk bales all day Saturday. We were able to get a few loads hauled away.
IMG_20201121_134439132_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201121_161325590_HDR.jpg

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Reactions: GTPpower

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
The only thing I don't like about it is dpf. Bobcat used dpf for about 3 years before they ditched it and went strictly to def. I think they do make delete kits for these things, but they are pretty hard to find anymore.
Dpf is annoying but there are things you can do to help it be less annoying. Like never let it just idle. Always keep it at 1500+ rpm and then the exhaust stays hot enough it doesn’t cycle very often. It’s the idling that kills

Reactions: GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Put about 800 miles on my pickup yesterday looking at skid loaders. I'm watching a couple sell online.

I bid $22,250 on this, and it brought $22,500. Still kind of wondering if I should have bought it. I thought it should at least bring upper 20's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info