Boostie's F150 ecobooooooost

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I was looking into the Tundra as I have a few friends who love theirs but I really wanted to stick with a domestic. Sad thing, it seems like most of the current truck lines from all the major domestic brands seemed to have pretty big flaws with either their engine/trans or chassis complaints.

Tundra is the most American built truck.
Toyota is the most American manufacturer.

most of the parts are made or sourced here, and they are all assembled here.

more domestic than the domestic's. :io:

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
. FB_IMG_1548346048626.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This is the truth... Ram and GM like to eat camshafts because of active fuel management, Ford Ecoboosts have their fair share of terminal issues from timing chains to turbos, Toyota struggles with transmissions and fuel economy on the Tundra (not to mention it's pretty outdated these days), and the Titan looks like absolute ass, and also gets shit mileage. I'm pretty sure the Coyote F150's are decent though, from what I hear and read, outside of Ford giving them a ridiculous 6k RPM fuel cutoff, but otherwise you have to weigh the good with the bad, hold your nose and pick one of them if you need/want a truck.

Congrats on the Silverado, it was on my list as well when I was shopping last year.

I don't think the tundra trans is of any annoyance...

We've had four at our work, total of 7-800k miles between the four total, and never have we had a trans issue with any of the four, all owned since new... since have sold 3, but, just saying I haven't heard of this being a thing.

They are thirsty though like you said.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
This actually happened to me a couple times already. What I did to fix it was to shut the door with a little extra force and not be a little bitch about it! lol

Same thing. Happened to me once.

I said WTF! Then slammed it...no problem....never thought about it again until now (actually forgot it happened). Can't imagine what weiners decided to pull out there phone and cry on the internet about it.

Sucks about your truck man, but I can only assume the service manager knew you had an 04 Cobra...and figured...this guy is rich as hell...we're not fixing his truck for free!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The f150 door thing is a recall, i've had 4 of them done here at my work, I'm kinda surprised you guys haven't gotten a notice on it... we've had 2 2016's "fixed" a 17 and an 18.

I need mine done too, just the driver door only if I wash it and the temp is under 25 the next day after like 3 days it drys out and stops doing it

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This actually happened to me a couple times already. What I did to fix it was to shut the door with a little extra force and not be a little bitch about it! lol

when mine does it I can slam it as hard as i can it just bounces off, i can bounce it hard enough to open all the way up on the rebound it wont catch until the truck is warm and the ice melts out of the inside of the door normally 15 minutes or so

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
There's a thread on it somewhere on here.

what they said. :pedobear:
I notice one truck (maybe even intentionally!!!!) being left out of this comparison!

We’ll take a look at five trucks that all claim to be “American made”: the Ram 1500, Chevrolet Silverado, Nissan Titan, GMC Sierra, and our own Toyota Tundra.

5. Coming in last place…a tie for Chevrolet and GMC. The Sierra and Silverado tie for LAST in the American-made rankings. Only 55% of parts in the Silverado and Sierra are actually made in America. What’s worse? This number is actually going down…significantly. In 2016, the Silverado and Sierra could claim over 72% of its parts were made in America.

3. The Nissan Titan takes third place in the American-made rankings. Only 59% of the Titan’s parts are actually made in America.

2. Next up comes the Ram 1500 with 72% of its parts made in the United States of America. Turns out, one of the poster children for what an American-made truck looks like…is still behind our own Tundra.

1. That’s right…the Toyota Tundra is the most American-made pickup of the bunch! With a whopping 73.5% of its parts made in the USA, including its engine and transmission, the Tundra tops our list.

Thread Info