Food / Drink Best Chicagoland Hot Dog

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
There was a TCG cruise in at Firehouse Dogs in Schaumburg a month or two ago. I have to put it high on my list. Hot dog and fries were definitely top notch.
5 min from my house, the owners are super cool dudes. Yes their dogs are very good. Chili and cream of chicken rice soup are very good as well.
Fireman and State Trooper (silent partner) own it, the fireman actually knows and has worked with the fireman that work with me part time.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
5 min from my house, the owners are super cool dudes. Yes their dogs are very good. Chili and cream of chicken rice soup are very good as well.
Fireman and State Trooper (silent partner) own it, the fireman actually knows and has worked with the fireman that work with me part time.
I saw someone order a chili dog and their chili did look very good. I'll have to go back and try the soup.....love a good chicken and rice soup.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
There was a TCG cruise in at Firehouse Dogs in Schaumburg a month or two ago. I have to put it high on my list. Hot dog and fries were definitely top notch.
Firehouse used to be Frankly Yours back in the day. I remember going there for lunch while in HS at least a couple times a week. It's right around the corner from my office in Roselle so I'll have to check it out.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Awesome, it's one of the next 3 places I want to try.

Right now my top 3 in no particular order are:

Poochies
Redhot Ranch
Gene & Judes

For my top list the place has to have fresh cut fries.

I think my perfect combo would be a dog from Redhot Ranch and fries from Poochies.
Gina's very similar to G&J and Jimmys on Grand

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I went to Wolfy's and got a Char Dog.

wolfys.jpg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
To be in my top 5 you have to sell fresh cut fries.

I can't hate on your top 5 but I can definitely hate in this statement because it's totally ridiculous.

Without getting into how "fresh cut" fries are quite possibly the worst configuration of potatoes. Let's just talk about how that is ridiculous criteria when it comes to a dog. Seriously. Go back to the east coast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info