Chicago
Real Name
Mike
sandlotkiss.gif

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Doesn't even phase me. I received an e mail (unsolicited I might add) from TCG yesterday asking for me to come on line. And I quote: "Hello, attorney2!
We've noticed that you've not been active on The Chicago Garage for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?"

This site initiated the whole thing so here I am.

Plausible deniability by anyone on this site or the opposing counsel I deal with will not cut it with me.

Username checks out.

(If you logged in within 18 months prior to that e-mail being sent, they're theoretically acting within the bounds of the CAN-SPAM act. But you knew that.) :D

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
You know this guy has to have the personality of a paper clip. The very first thing he thought of when choosing his screen name was his profession, attorney. He thought 'attorney1' would be boring, so he decided to use '2'.

If he put this same creative thought into the writing in his book, I can guarantee you that this book is going to be lame and full of boring dialog.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Username checks out.

(If you logged in within 18 months prior to that e-mail being sent, they're theoretically acting within the bounds of the CAN-SPAM act. But you knew that.) :D

That's what I was trying to get at, he already had an established relationship with TCG, so they're allowed to send unsolicited e-mails. I would expect an attorney to know that as well.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
That's whay I was trying to get at, he already had an established relationship with TCG, so they're allowed to send unsolicited e-mails. I would expect an attorney to know that as well.

I didn't read beyond his post that I quoted. Typical newb move on my part: reading half of the first page, skipping the other 3, and reiterating something you already said.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
First off, my post is not an e mail. Second, personal attacks on personality etc never win an argument on the merits. But I am actually enjoying this whole thread.

It has been years since I created my account, but I'm pretty sure you have to register an e-mail account to get a log-in....obviously you did that since you are currently posting. TCG didn't just send a random e-mail to you asking you to join the site.

Don't quit your day job attorney, I don't think your book sales are going to allow you to retire early.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
The main thing I think people have a problem with is that if you google your name and this book, at least 7-8 different random car forums come up with your exact post, some are a little different showing a passage from the book, but most have your exact post word for word. Which some would consider spamming

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
It has been years since I created my account, but I'm pretty sure you have to register an e-mail account to get a log-in....obviously you did that since you are currently posting. TCG didn't just send a random e-mail to you asking you to join the site.

Don't quit your day job attorney, I don't think your book sales are going to allow you to retire early.

at .99 cents a book i dont think there is a lot of money to be made

No money to be made. Quite true. No plans to retire either. Attorneys retire when they keel over with a pen in their hand. Sometimes at court. That is why they have defibrillators on every floor of the Daley Center. Now my next question: If I was selling a car part on multiple sites (sites that I belong to in good standing), would that be considered spamming? Unlikely. When I analyze this thread and distill it down to its main elements, the only objection I can see is that I do not have enough posts to be posting. Posting something for sale that is, though it was posted in the correct section of this site. But I find these high levels of testosterone promising because this is what fuels the ever forward movement of civilization. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info