Autobahn Country Club

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
did you have a more specific question? the facility isnt completed yet, its brand new. registration for the svtoa event isnt open yet, either.

but this we do know: the svtoa event will be open to svtoa members driving svt vehicles only. non-members may register but the registration fee for non-members includes a one year membership :D

SHADYNINJA said:
no info more specific?...lodging.!.the track is like 10 min from my house

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
the svtoa event will be open to svtoa members driving svt vehicles only

Not true John, '04 SVTOA driving events were open to members with any Ford, Lincoln/Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, or Aston Martin vehicle.

SVTOA national has been negotiating with their insurance carrier that wants to make a 4 point roll bar mandatory for convertibles for '05.

One thing that is for certain is that the event will be at the 2.2 mile south track and there will be a AV8SS race for the the Cobra R guys also that weekend.

Attachments

• southtrack.jpg
    southtrack.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 83

danimal

Regular
May 24, 2004
cobra susie,please pm me on the info needed to attend this event and join the svtoa,Im definitly going more road race this year than drag race,although it mat be more of a drifting event in my car :burnout: I think I should get a discount on the membership fee's due to that facty that i work for a sponser on this board ;)

tom03Cobra

YEEOWZZAA
Dec 13, 2004
wtw5974 said:
It is a member’s only track. I inquired before they built it. It was like 10,000+ a year to be a member at that time. Now that is just being a memebr of the track, thats has nothing to do with events etc. :)

Everyone must remember what this place is. ITS A COUNTRY CLUB. Instead of golf courses it has 2 race tracks (3 when the two are combined for the big course). I am part of the founding members and my team has a facility there. The tracks are first class. I can't wait till spring when we can get out there and test out our race cars and see what sort of numbers we can put up.

This facility will be everything that a regular CC is. They will have wedding receptions in the clubhouse, and all sorts of gala's. There is no other place in the world that has the number and type of race tracks that Joliet has, all in one place. I look forward to seeing you all out there. If you see my cobra at one of the facilities (last building on the north-east corner) stop by. Otherwise I'll be trackside or on the track. We'll be doing lots of testing this year, and its nitce to have a track so close that has many different variables on it.

Tom

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
wtw5974 said:
It is a member’s only track.

SVTOA, Midwest Council, Northwoods Shelby Club, and various other clubs have track rental dates there this year. They must pay bills like everyone else.

I noticed on there rental calender Mazda has a weekend corporate event there in July. That would be cool if that was for the next Mazda Rev-It-Up event.

SVT_KY

Resident Curmudgeon
Jan 15, 2005
ILLINI-SVT said:
That figures. One of my bosses races his Porsche at Road America all season, and keeps telling me how I can go check it out with him, but they'd NEVER let a truck on the course. What do I have to do, learn how to drive well enough to spank some of you coupes on AX before the L gets any respect?

How about saac national and northwoods shelby club? Are they midwest council members. I have a feeling a Ford-friendly club would be more accomodating to the L.
I run with teh PCA club alla time ... ??? Spanking Porsches one Porsche at a time ...

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
danimal said:
cobra susie,please pm me on the info needed to attend this event and join the svtoa,Im definitly going more road race this year than drag race,although it mat be more of a drifting event in my car :burnout: I think I should get a discount on the membership fee's due to that facty that i work for a sponser on this board ;)
PM Sent :p

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
PETSNKE said:
SVTOA, Midwest Council, Northwoods Shelby Club, and various other clubs have track rental dates there this year. They must pay bills like everyone else.

I noticed on there rental calender Mazda has a weekend corporate event there in July. That would be cool if that was for the next Mazda Rev-It-Up event.
Like I said the member fee has nothing to do with other clubs holding events there. :)

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
NJ2000R said:
same here, 3 events over a 10 day period in may :eek:

alot of driving this year, with 2 trips to gingerman (svtoa in july, scmc in sept) and beaverun and summit point in may, plus autobahn....
Ken, I am so glad you accepted my invite
:biggthump

you will love this site :cool:

I see you already found the "Track Guys" :headbang:

09-18-04.jpg

This is one of the best pics I took at Gingerman August 2004

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info