Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
OK. Caught up for the night. Here is where things stand.

I now have access to start installing addons on the test site, which is super easy and is going great. So that is a bit of positive news.

Moving on to the not negative, but lets call it neutral, news...spoke with Jack tonight and he is swamped with work lately, which puts us further down the ladder. There is also a lot more involved with setting up Xen than I thought. HOWEVER, Jack moved SVTP from VB to Xen and knows the tricks.

So this is where that leaves us...I'm going to do more testing on the test site this week and start to allow a few more members to check it out and put it through its paces. I'll be sending PMs throughout the week. I'm gonna get back with Jack on Friday and see where his schedule is and try and plan a time to burn everything down and rise up like a phoenix.

So, we're not quite there yet but we're are seeing awesome progress.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
OK. Caught up for the night. Here is where things stand.

I now have access to start installing addons on the test site, which is super easy and is going great. So that is a bit of positive news.

Moving on to the not negative, but lets call it neutral, news...spoke with Jack tonight and he is swamped with work lately, which puts us further down the ladder. There is also a lot more involved with setting up Xen than I thought. HOWEVER, Jack moved SVTP from VB to Xen and knows the tricks.

So this is where that leaves us...I'm going to do more testing on the test site this week and start to allow a few more members to check it out and put it through its paces. I'll be sending PMs throughout the week. I'm gonna get back with Jack on Friday and see where his schedule is and try and plan a time to burn everything down and rise up like a phoenix.

So, we're not quite there yet but we're are seeing awesome progress.

oaA7RMV.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If any of the Xen beta testers want to toss out their thoughts, I'm fine with it.

For those that havent gotten an invite, dont take offense. I picked folks that have given me a ton of shit for changes in the past, since they're my harshest critics :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yes. For all of you that have been scarred by the canned format shit Vertical Scope has dropped on you, have no fear. It looks NOTHING like that disaster.

It has a shit ton of new things that will blow your mind and a lot of user interaction.

As always, there will be a learning curve and there are some things that aren't as good as Vbb (like the avatars), but it's as good as can be customized.

When looking at things in the index, a mini-version of your avatar shows up in the lower right corner of the OP's avatar and tells you how many times you've responded in that thread. Additional things like 100's of sites that auto embed, collapsable categories on the main forum index, auto refreshing new posts, and like I say, quite a bit of personalization that leaves Vbb in the dust. I won't spill the beans though because not sure how the one feature may be incorporated. Fear of abuse is the issue. :D

Thread Info