AT&T Fiber experience

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have it and it’s great. Outside of the initial hardware issue I had, it’s been flawless ever since that issue was corrected. I pay $50 a month and have zero complaints. 4 computers, 3 Rokus, 3 phones, connected at any given time.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
It's been great. I pay $90/month for the gigabit service. The lower latency due to it being fiber all the way into my house is sweet too.

8230608110.png

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I also have it. For the few years I've had it, I haven't had major issues. Only downfall is not being able to put your router/gateway into a true bridge mode if you want to run your own wireless router. What I did though, was buy an Orbi mesh network and haven't had issues. I actually keep my main/important/higher priority devices on my mesh network, keep normal every day devices on the 5ghz main router network, and lower priority or guests on the lower/guest network.

I also have better experience and less issues with fiber than I did when I had any other internet service from anybody else. Plus, $70/month (flat) for gig service and no "monthly device rental" is great.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Has been epic for many years.. Also had a weird issue when it was first installed but it literally turned out to be russian public IP addresses flooding the static IP they assigned to me. My firewall couldn't see it because their gateway in front of it was maxing the connections per sec out and dropping the traffic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info