Anyone know a good workplace injury lawyer?

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Those are all the attorneys I've dealt with with my last orthopedic. Doctor I worked for. We dealt with a lot of WC injuries.

Advise any in particular? He stated they were all good, but I'm not looking for just good. I'm looking for someone that will sure as hell get insurance to settle and leave me more than pocket change when they take their cut. lol.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
saul.gif

DUI? Dealing Drugs? Better Call Saul!

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Happened on a Tuesday, paperwork was done on a Thursday, as was a drug/BAC test, and when I complained of pain, sent to a doctor with a lot of resistance on a Friday. I had to work in excruciating pain sometimes lifting 80-100+ lb...normally this doesn't phase me but I'm hurt.. When I went to the workman's comp doc in McHenry where they sent me, the doc told my boss to take it easy on me. She had nobody help me even once and made me do even more then my usual workload and threatened to write me up for falling..but also threatened me to fire me if I don't come to work because I'm in too much pain to even stand up for more than five mins. They won't make ANY type of concessions for me and put me on something with no lifting or twisting like cashiering or sandwich making. Doctor told her no lifting over twenty, bending, twisting excessive walking etc. Did that happen? No. I'm the utility guy in the kitchen where I work. There are four other guys who could help take some of the workload. Everyone knows I'm a big guy, and I hurt myself worse than a normally sized person would due to that. Doc asked why I was worse at the follow up with a knee so swollen I could barely get my jeans on, so I told him what she said and said anyone who needs their job would follow orders like that. He calls her, she denied everything. Told her again to take it easy on me. Came to work in street clothes and didn't work the day of the doc's follow up, she screams at me asking why I'm not in uniform. Tell her I'm in too much pain. "Your doctor released you" "sure did, can't barely stand though".. she threatened to fire me..told her to do it. Didn't care. Still, I'm having trouble when standing to piss even. That's about how bad it is. I'm not looking to get paid. I just want to get this fixed. I can't even sleep because I'm in so much pain.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
First of all, go to whatever doctor you want. It doesn't matter. If you're in that much pain you should have zero problems getting a note from your doctor saying to take time off. If it's time off due to injury at work they must pay you for the missed work.
Unfortunately work comp is a giant game. Just don't agree to any settlement and get all your injuries taken care of first.
My best friend has been in insurance for a long time and is pretty high up in a big company so he is my source of info.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
dont just go to a dr. call the insurance and tell them what dr you want to go to and have them approve it (they are required to let you go to any dr you choose). it will make things much smoother in the long run.

I went through this 2 years ago when I hurt my knee at work and had to have surgery. before surgery did months of PT with no relief, cortisone shot that did nothing. from date of injury to date I returned to work it was about 9 months. 6 months of that was after surgery recovery. I have small range of motion loss in my knee and it will always be a little sore.

also, have the Dr. be very specific on your light duty. your work has to follow those orders. only down side is being an injured employee they do not have to hold your job for if they need the position to operate and you cannot fulfill the needs of the position. if you do get fired during the time you are seeking treatment they still have to pay for all Dr. visits and treatment. also have to pay you for your time off.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Happened on a Tuesday, paperwork was done on a Thursday, as was a drug/BAC test, and when I complained of pain, sent to a doctor with a lot of resistance on a Friday. I had to work in excruciating pain sometimes lifting 80-100+ lb...normally this doesn't phase me but I'm hurt.. When I went to the workman's comp doc in McHenry where they sent me, the doc told my boss to take it easy on me. She had nobody help me even once and made me do even more then my usual workload and threatened to write me up for falling..but also threatened me to fire me if I don't come to work because I'm in too much pain to even stand up for more than five mins. They won't make ANY type of concessions for me and put me on something with no lifting or twisting like cashiering or sandwich making. Doctor told her no lifting over twenty, bending, twisting excessive walking etc. Did that happen? No. I'm the utility guy in the kitchen where I work. There are four other guys who could help take some of the workload. Everyone knows I'm a big guy, and I hurt myself worse than a normally sized person would due to that. Doc asked why I was worse at the follow up with a knee so swollen I could barely get my jeans on, so I told him what she said and said anyone who needs their job would follow orders like that. He calls her, she denied everything. Told her again to take it easy on me. Came to work in street clothes and didn't work the day of the doc's follow up, she screams at me asking why I'm not in uniform. Tell her I'm in too much pain. "Your doctor released you" "sure did, can't barely stand though".. she threatened to fire me..told her to do it. Didn't care. Still, I'm having trouble when standing to piss even. That's about how bad it is. I'm not looking to get paid. I just want to get this fixed. I can't even sleep because I'm in so much pain.

…

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
They won't make ANY type of concessions for me and put me on something with no lifting or twisting like...sandwich making.

Given your size, that sounds like a risky choice for the manager if they want to maintain a profit margin. :jg:

Ok, in all seriousness, even though you can be a pain in the ass on here at times, I hope all works out for you and insurance takes care of it. If all else fails, Obamacare! :nannerpunk:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info