• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Anyone hiring??

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Long story short, Im sick of my job. I really cant handle it anymore and Im starting to look for a new job. Closer to home would be nice. Driving 45 minutes to an hour to work gets old. Anyone know of something, lemme know.

xttc2000

Reaction score
sales at carmax schaumburg.
you make great money and its an easy job- never have managers on your back, work at your own pace.

and you get to drive pretty much every make and model at one time or another

Fish

Reaction score
Hrm, I didnt think about that. I always said that I never wanted to sell anything, but I wouldnt mind selling cars. :D

xttc2000

Reaction score
hes an aspiring manager currently (manager in training, but they're dicking him around last i heard like they do to everyone) i think hes on the sales floor currently. he does do MIT rotations every now and then so hes on his way up.

ive been working at hillside carmax for a year and a half and i love it, its the best job ive ever had. im part time there, and its so flexible.

you can work whenever you want too, you get scheduled certain days that you have to be there but you can work as much as you want.

you dont really get the bad rep of a car salesman either, the cars sell themselves- no haggling no BS. and sundays are always off.

xttc2000

Reaction score
and as an example of what a day consists of- today i worked from 11:00 till 8:00

saw 3 customers, sold 2 cars.

my second sale i had to follow to their house to get documents for the deal, so i did so in a nice little SRT-4 we had on the lot. (dont mess with their second gear, its damn fast- the other gears feel like a stock GTP)

i probobly took a 15 min break between each customer and sat around and hung out with the guys for the last half hour.

Fish

Reaction score
I checked schamburg, but theres no sales spots open. I just want something around 12 an hour. Ill even settle for 11. I just need to get outta here. Ill drive to any carmax as well. Cept for Kenosha. :lolsign:

xttc2000

Reaction score
come to my store in hillside. we are hiring like mad.

they start you at 12 for training, then its all comm.

works out really well tho, youll be happy with it.

ill pm you my cell if you have any questions.

00GTPSC

Reaction score
Originally posted by xttc2000@Oct 17 2004, 02:05 AM
come to my store in hillside. we are hiring like mad.

they start you at 12 for training, then its all comm.

works out really well tho, youll be happy with it.

ill pm you my cell if you have any questions.
You gotta be 21 to do this?

Fish

Reaction score
Awsome. Thanks dude. Ill Try to get my resume together and send it in.

Aircal

Reaction score
and you need to put one of us a a referance. We get bucks which we will share with you......at least I will......lol
Sorry didnt see this before, parents are in town and staying in the computer room. Call me at the naperville store if you have any questions I can answer.
Also anyone know any techs looking for work? I get a grand for any mechanics hired!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom