• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone convert rear drum brakes to disc?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I’m going to attempt to convert the rear drums to discs on the Regal. Anyone do this on a vehicle?
Im looking at this kit (link below). Looks pretty straight forward. Wondering if my booster, master and proportioning valve can all remain or do any of the 3 need to be changed? Asked on G Body forum but hard to get answers over there as it’s very clicky.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If possible can you send link? I had a feeling that had to be done. But a bunch of different ones out there. I was looking at this one

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I think it’s in my build thread but basically you need from the backing plates out off the f-body and it literally just bolts on. I had to shim mine a touch to get the caliper bracket centered over the rotor. I literally used the backing plate from my drum brakes and it was the right amount.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Only issue is I needed to move them to the front instead of the back because they hit my coil overs when it articulates. Put them on that way to try and make e brake hookup better. No go
F202F765-DE77-4331-8C15-3CE8534DB84D.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Only issue is I needed to move them to the front instead of the back because they hit my coil overs when it articulates. Put them on that way to try and make e brake hookup better. No go
View attachment 50727
Hmmm, I'm now wondering if I'm going to have an issue with coilovers in the rear. They arent in yet, but are going in asap.
Iirc the listing for the kit said for stock shock locations

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info