anyone a exterminator?

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
maybe i can keep it in the TCG fam

i got a mouse problem at home. we never have had one in 6 years we've been here, and then all of a sudden this winter they got in. ive killed probably 7 of them since i noticed and started baiting and trapping, but they seem to still be here, and now my traps are empty all the time.

so time for a pro? idk. anyone here in that profession?

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
get a cat, problem solved :rofl:

My in-laws had cats for 20 years or so- no mice issues. When their last one passed, they didn't get another. They've been fighting mice problems ever since.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Growing up in the city, we dealt with a lot of rodent problems. My dad owned several buildings and we had to do our own pest control. The best way to get rid of mice is poison. The problem is if you have kids or pets. There are several pest control stores if you do a search. They have the best stuff and apparatuses to kill. You have to find the nest in the house, which might be impossible, so poison is the best solution.

I had rats make a nest in my brand new 92 Corvette during the winter. I set up some heavy duty traps and killed some monster rats. Fuckers. Die.

Edit: my last kill...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I found one with a beer can just for you, but this is the most effective trap I've ever seen. At work, we took out 15 mice over the weekend a few years ago with this style trap, but we used a coke bottle. Since then, we get a few here and there and we don't have our food torn apart. I highly suggest doing this, especially since it doesn't poison the mice and kill the animals/birds that eat them.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I found one with a beer can just for you, but this is the most effective trap I've ever seen. At work, we took out 15 mice over the weekend a few years ago with this style trap, but we used a coke bottle. Since then, we get a few here and there and we don't have our food torn apart. I highly suggest doing this, especially since it doesn't poison the mice and kill the animals/birds that eat them.

the fucked up thing, is every bait trap ive tried, they dont get set. the sticky traps are the only one that caught any.

i may try this though, i have all the material to do so

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you this works, just fill up the bottom with 1.5ish gallons so they all have to swim until they die. Make it easy to get up to the bucket too, and put the wood lined up with the threaded rod or whatever rod you use, don't put it 90 degrees like the picture shows. Use about the same amount of peanut butter as the picture too, you want them to try to get more of it and spin off the can to their slow, swimming death. It's kinda inhumane, but they're rodents so fuck them.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I would like to add a suggestion though. Fill the bucket with poisonous liquid.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nope, doesn't need it. Water is all you need, poison just adds another chemical you have to get rid of.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
I knew you would say that, we all live on the same earth Jeff! :rofl: Just use water!

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wait, you are not supposed to use it in camp fires???

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
since [MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION] doesnt' drink beer how about we all go over by his place and drink a case so hes got plenty of materials to make that trap happen :noes:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i have 6 sticky traps out and not one was hit, BUT some little fucker ate through a easymac container, and on the other side of the house dropped a turd by my fireplace.

my brain right now:

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bad thing with poison, if they die in the wall, they start to stink

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Humanity at its worse. I couldn't imagine being stuck to a trap only to starve to death days later. Or drown...

Yea it's a mouse, yea its a nuisance, but it's still a living thing.

Clean your fucking house and find where their getting in at rather than make em suffer. It's never just one, it's dozens. Stop em at the source....

HILROD

Reaction score
Where I used to work they kept all kinds of pallets of raw materials for making animal foods and products. The mice would come in with the deliveries. The exterinator was great but told me you can only catch them with what they like to eat. Later my buddy dropped of a fox body stored in a horse barn and it brought mice. Nothing would catch them until I went and got horse feed centered on glue traps. Thankfully my garage is detached.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom