• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Any good GTO deals?

J.E.T.

Reaction score
Seen any good deals?

Best I have been offered is $25,200 - New.
Silver/red int M6.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
i might be buying new car as well.....tired of modding..

What good is making your car faster if no company can produce a transmission that they stand behind?! :unsure: :unsure:

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
A guy off IACGP just got a 2004 for 21k before trade in and GM CC points. Bought it for 17k.

Best bet is to search around and see what people offer. If there are two GM dealers close to eachother, go to one haggle a bit and get a quote. Leave and go to the next and tell them what you can get it for and see if they will do better. Then maybe one last call to the first dealer to see if they will drop...... :lolsign:

Royalgtp

Reaction score
The gto is still to fat. ....and look like my GTP.....

mybluegtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 27 2005, 02:34 PM
The gto is still to fat.  ....and look like my GTP.....
[snapback]69107[/snapback]​

but its runs better then your gtp.. :rolleyes: :lolsign:

horist

Geek
Reaction score
if you hold longer there will be some even more insane deals... GTOs just aren't selling... from what I understand the 05s have been delayed due to the poor sales of the 04s...

The 05s will be nice w/the LS2 but they're going to be pricey till the 06s are due out...

I bet as it gets closer to the 05s coming out, the 04s are going to be even more of a steal than they are now (month ago one of the LS1Tech mods got one for 23k, and he GM raised his GM Card points to so I don't know what his final price was but he got it for a steal)

Royalgtp

Reaction score
id wait for the 05 with all the problems with the 04.....

J.E.T.

Reaction score
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 27 2005, 03:04 PM
id wait for the 05 with all the problems with the 04.....
[snapback]69117[/snapback]​
I agree with you there, but the '05s are going to sell for MSRP. '04s are $25K - at any dealer who has them.

horist - Not sure if anyone can wait any longer on buying the '04s. There are just a scattered few around the Illinois area. Selection is getting slim. Yellows are being left behind from what I can see.

I still dont see the GTO regularly in the streets. I spot one maybe.... twice a month. That kinda' makes the car appealing. I just think of it as a rwd GTP. Sure looks like a GTP. Still fat, just as you said Royal.

J.E.T.

jk99gtp

Reaction score
And with all the money you'd save by purchasing an '04, you can just spend to make it way faster than the '05. Since the LS1 has such a larger aftermarket..

I personally think the blue and silver ones look sweet, and like JET said you rarely see them on the road...

Not sure if this classifies as a new buy still, but this doesnt look like that bad of a deal:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...30&aff=national

Jamie231

Reaction score
I have driven 3 '05s now. They are sweet! But for the money get the '04! I know my '04 is faster than the '05s... :ph34r:

Royal- what problems are you refering to?

Jamie231

Reaction score
well that was just the early production ones that didn't have the pressure plate torqued to the right specs. which are all gone now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom