3800 Any good GTO deals?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
A guy off IACGP just got a 2004 for 21k before trade in and GM CC points. Bought it for 17k.

Best bet is to search around and see what people offer. If there are two GM dealers close to eachother, go to one haggle a bit and get a quote. Leave and go to the next and tell them what you can get it for and see if they will do better. Then maybe one last call to the first dealer to see if they will drop...... :lolsign:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
if you hold longer there will be some even more insane deals... GTOs just aren't selling... from what I understand the 05s have been delayed due to the poor sales of the 04s...

The 05s will be nice w/the LS2 but they're going to be pricey till the 06s are due out...

I bet as it gets closer to the 05s coming out, the 04s are going to be even more of a steal than they are now (month ago one of the LS1Tech mods got one for 23k, and he GM raised his GM Card points to so I don't know what his final price was but he got it for a steal)

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jan 27 2005, 03:04 PM
id wait for the 05 with all the problems with the 04.....
[snapback]69117[/snapback]​

I agree with you there, but the '05s are going to sell for MSRP. '04s are $25K - at any dealer who has them.

horist - Not sure if anyone can wait any longer on buying the '04s. There are just a scattered few around the Illinois area. Selection is getting slim. Yellows are being left behind from what I can see.

I still dont see the GTO regularly in the streets. I spot one maybe.... twice a month. That kinda' makes the car appealing. I just think of it as a rwd GTP. Sure looks like a GTP. Still fat, just as you said Royal.

J.E.T.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
And with all the money you'd save by purchasing an '04, you can just spend to make it way faster than the '05. Since the LS1 has such a larger aftermarket..

I personally think the blue and silver ones look sweet, and like JET said you rarely see them on the road...

Not sure if this classifies as a new buy still, but this doesnt look like that bad of a deal:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...30&aff=national

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info