Any 3800 shops near Chicago

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
As much as this cars was a headache I am starting to like it and hopefully its potential.
I have to take emission test so I need to evaluate what needs to be done so I can pass them also on top of the mechanical problems, loose harnesses, and tuning needs.
I was able to drove it on a day the streets were dry and with the front bald tires it was hard getting power to the ground. Under part throttle (low/no boost) it shifts crisp it seems at the appropriate RPM's. The few times that I was able to go to WOT into boost (max 9-10psi) after a rolling start it shifted in the red but it was more of a multi step slip/shift than a shift. Maybe the trans just needs a tune, shift kit or maybe it needs a rebuild?

egr is removed, that 5 wire plug is the egr. the 2 wire looks like either the AIR pump or a fog light...the black thing is the evap purge valve...its blocked off which shouldnt be a problem.

that plug on the trans is the main trans plug...the vss is on the differential. the rod is the shifter linkage...

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I want to thank everyone for all their help, suggestions and advice. I have too many projects on my hand and one had to go. I sold this and the buyer told me that after ,fixing the front crankshaft seal, hooking up the VSS, oil sensor and programming the computer for the 3.29 gear that the car drives fine and he is having a blast with it. You guys were right what I thought was a mountain wasn't nothing but a few minor issues. This is a great forum and you guys give some real advice at a good price (free)!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info