Any 3800 shops near Chicago

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I was just messing around OP.

The fact of the matter is that I've seen countless threads similar to this and rarely does anybody get help with the tuning aspect. Unless you are with the 3800 in-crowd chances are you're Sol unless you go to a 3800 vendor. Hopefully you got a KILLER deal for this headache. Good Luck!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I was just messing around OP.

The fact of the matter is that I've seen countless threads similar to this and rarely does anybody get help with the tuning aspect. Unless you are with the 3800 in-crowd chances are you're Sol unless you go to a 3800 vendor. Hopefully you got a KILLER deal for this headache. Good Luck!

There is a difference between "Fix this for me" and "Help me fix this" Sine the OP seems to just want to pay someone to do it, we point him to a shop. If he wants to fix it himself with some help and guidance from the "3800 in-crowd" we are down. It is winter, none of the "In-Crowd" has an actual shop, and garage space is tight, and no-one wants to work outside when it is 10* and snowing.

As far as shop goes, He could also try Goodfellas :dunno:

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
This car was listed on RegalGS forum also but I get your point and it is well taken. I looked on Ebay, CL, Autotrader, 3800pro, Clubgp, GrandPrixforum, and Pontiacforum and have been looking awhile. This car was the closest one within my budget with the mods I wanted in a Regal. I think more of the problem is that I was inexperienced on what to look for or ask about that is why I was looking for good direction with this thread. What I didn't expect was people I don't know offering not only suggestions but their time and effort to help resolve the issues, this is a really good group here.
When I get a break in my schedule I will start on getting this back to where it should be.
That generally buying something like a car off craigslist is a little sketchy.

People with a highly modded car like that would probably rather try to sell it on local and car specific forums (if the work is done right and people know the car). If I had a car with problems, I wouldn't sell it here, I would go to craigslist where ripping someone off won't kill my reputation.

I'm here whenever you wanna do the codes and tuning stuff just shoot me a PM sometime. Good luck getting the hard parts fixed, hope its not too much of a PITA lol

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It is winter, none of the "In-Crowd" has an actual shop, and garage space is tight, and no-one wants to work outside when it is 10* and snowing.

Bring it to PAF, the new 3800 hot spot, I only charge beer and food for a nice heated garage. If you break your junk and cant drive it home i may, or may not push it on to the RR tracks. lol

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I didn't realize that car sold so fast with the issues it had. I know that car was taken care of by the previous owner that posted it up on rgs.org, but if the new owner changed out the diff and whatnot, then thats pretty shitty on their part to say the car "only" needs those few things that might have screwed stuff up to begin with.

Did you post up all the issues in that thread? Obviously you bought it as is, I just hope nothing else is wrong

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I didn't know the car changed owners while it was posted on rgs.org. I did post a comment on there that it wasn't well represented and I asked the seller about the problems too but after that I left things alone. I bought the car as is so I just wanted to move forward with it as a project. I paid 2800 for it so I wasn't expecting it to be turnkey and that is why I wanted more experienced eyes to go over everything to point our issues in it.

I didn't realize that car sold so fast with the issues it had. I know that car was taken care of by the previous owner that posted it up on rgs.org, but if the new owner changed out the diff and whatnot, then thats pretty shitty on their part to say the car "only" needs those few things that might have screwed stuff up to begin with.

Did you post up all the issues in that thread? Obviously you bought it as is, I just hope nothing else is wrong

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I didn't know the car changed owners while it was posted on rgs.org. I did post a comment on there that it wasn't well represented and I asked the seller about the problems too but after that I left things alone. I bought the car as is so I just wanted to move forward with it as a project. I paid 2800 for it so I wasn't expecting it to be turnkey and that is why I wanted more experienced eyes to go over everything to point our issues in it.

i dont think you did too bad its a sharp looking car, I would fix what you can and take it to one of the shops panda listed for a tune and look over and you will be happy with the results

on a side note does anybody know if you can tune the abs light out on this car and other older wbody's

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
:pedobear:Available to do my lower control arm there soon?

Ya you can do it there, but I aint doin shit beside making smug remarks about your rust with Panda.

i dont think you did too bad its a sharp looking car, I would fix what you can and take it to one of the shops panda listed for a tune and look over and you will be happy with the results

on a side note does anybody know if you can tune the abs light out on this car and other older wbody's

Yep, take the bulb out.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Is that the guy who tuned for Intense back in the day?

It is to an extent if I remember right. I think Intense had a tuner or two that would do their stuff, but yeah I think he did some work for them. I really met the guy through the shop that helped get me into all of this 3800 madness, Milzy Motorsports. Milzy used their tuning shop to dyno his cars. Brian burned the midnight oil on a couple of tuning occasions when we ended up finishing the car at like 10pm or even way later a couple of times.

Brian and his dad are good peeps though. They barely knew me, but would still damn near offer me the shirt off their backs. I will recommend them for as long as they are open. I think they now do street type tuning through e-mail and HPT which is a great option if you don't want to drive to Ohio.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Sorry between the snow, and family illness here I was set back awhile. As requested I took some pics of the engine compartment and underneath for those who asked. I found 4 loose harnesses but I think one is the fog light. Also I wanted to know can someone tell if the EGR is deleted, I didn't find anything that resembled an EGR valve:

While compartment
RegalGS001_zpsc309ad26.jpg

Loose harness on top right behind the SC:
RegalGS006_zpseb889b41.jpg

RegalGS005_zps78bf70f5.jpg

Two harness below hanging near the passenger side underneath engine (one is green the other gray/black):
RegalGS027_zpsd2db20d4.jpg

What is this sits behind SC?
RegalGS013_zps22c1af56.jpg

RegalGS014_zpsd38ae453.jpg

Is this factory or a block off plate for something?
RegalGS015_zpsd5fabbdf.jpg

Loose harness behind driver's foglight:
RegalGS032_zpsc67f10c7.jpg

Is this the VSS?
RegalGS007_zpscc309225.jpg

Should this filter get an enclosure, its covered with dirt:
RegalGS002_zps1128f1a4.jpg

Lines leaking red fluid (trans?)
RegalGS022_zps5181df6b.jpg

What does this rod actuate behind engine and below vacuum assist?
RegalGS010_zps53924e3a.jpg

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
egr is removed, that 5 wire plug is the egr. the 2 wire looks like either the AIR pump or a fog light...the black thing is the evap purge valve...its blocked off which shouldnt be a problem.

that plug on the trans is the main trans plug...the vss is on the differential. the rod is the shifter linkage...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info