I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Turbo 3800's are for the gheys.

IMG_0681_zpscb15a175.jpg

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Any details as to how you cleaned up the engine bay so well? Relocating the fuse box, wires, etc. you have one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen in a GP.

I'm a tad OCD so i spend far too much time planning that shit out. I put the battery in the trunk. That was a big help. I do have a remote positive and negative terminal setup in the engine bay that is down by where the fusebox is (where the battery goes) which turned out pretty nifty. I deleted cruise control and ABS and in the process unwrapped the entire harness and routed things best I could, extending wires where i needed to. Its wrapped in a high heat braided nylon that wraps around itself like wire loom does kind of. And at one point i removed everything from the bay, sanded down all of the painted surfaces and reshot it with silvermist base coat and clear.

Hope that helps. I appreciate the compliments.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
@Jfrost. Any progress on my future Fiero??

Your future Fiero, huh :rofl:

I'm planning an update here soon to the thread. Hasn't been a ton of progress aside from moving into a new house and finally getting the garage somewhat organized. I'm hoping to be able to justify buying new wheels next month with my birthday and any cash I may get, but with my wedding coming up in May the expenses are piling up.

Look for a more detailed update sometime soon.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I'm a tad OCD so i spend far too much time planning that shit out. I put the battery in the trunk. That was a big help. I do have a remote positive and negative terminal setup in the engine bay that is down by where the fusebox is (where the battery goes) which turned out pretty nifty. I deleted cruise control and ABS and in the process unwrapped the entire harness and routed things best I could, extending wires where i needed to. Its wrapped in a high heat braided nylon that wraps around itself like wire loom does kind of. And at one point i removed everything from the bay, sanded down all of the painted surfaces and reshot it with silvermist base coat and clear.

Hope that helps. I appreciate the compliments.

The hard work and OCD payed off, nice work!

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
Thanks! I just pulled the engine and transmission out this weekend. Gonna swap out the converter, change out the lifters and order a new aeromotive fuel filter because the summit one doesn't seem to like ethanol. And fix the oil pan leak that's driving me insane. It should be up and running next weekend.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
modify the windage tray openings and knife edge em.

use a full bead of rtv on the pan side (ripples in the sealing surface caused by the pan stamping process) and at least use sealing beads on the top near the front and rear cover surfaces

you can see the chain area and both end slots opened up to better strip oil from the rotating assembly.
don't mind the cyl 4 scraper, its nice to have for sure but most don't want to put forth the time and effort

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
I'll probably send these Ls7 lifters I bought last week back then. Im not too familiar with measuring preload. I figured since stock heads and gaskets I would be ok with stock pushrods. But you guys are actually pushing your setup a bit and fine. So I'm sure I will be. I just figured I'd quiet down the sewing machine sound.

TrboGT

Aug 29, 2016
[MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] or any 3800 gurus...I got the engine and trans out and in attempt to find my oil leak or leaks, the only thing I can think of something related to the double roller or the oil pump/gears. As it was fine until I switched to the Machined Pump Cover and Double Roller. It almost looks like its coming out around the main seal on the front cover. Do you have any advice as to what I might have missed? I put a new front main seal on, unless i did it incorrectly. But I'm not sure how one can do that. Thanks if you've got anything. I have taken off the front cover a few times already this year to try and fix it, so its gotta be something i have missed.

Thread Info