NEW RIDE Angus’ new family truckster - 2022 Wagoneer

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We’re seeing 14 ish around town. On the highway and while being reasonable with speed and the go pedal, I was around 20.

It’s not bad but the switch to this from our minivan when gas prices are what they are has made us focus on the mpg’s a lot. My X1 gets free gas so we try to use that as much as possible…

I don’t, and I didn’t see too many available currently. From what I could tell, what gets you to 10k lbs is mostly 3.92 gearing from the 3.21. All the hitch hardware is the same. But no integrated brake controller. I’m looking how to have the oem one installed, or just be ok with my tekonsha controller plugged in.

Mine is rated at like 7.2k lbs. I have no plans currently to tow anything over that and rather not sacrifice the fuel economy currently. Maybe if in the future I do need to tow more, then I trade in or gear swap…
I've looked around and seen the same as you, not many available with that option. If and when I buy one, I definitely will want that option to pull my Impala

Reactions: Angus

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
2,300 miles and almost two months of ownership, we’re still enjoying it. Kids haven’t fully taken it over yet…

076CE3B9-C2EF-4B98-B659-D1DEACD8E01B.jpeg
B9E4C428-244E-457D-87DE-65590A73AF9F.jpeg
A248C903-D750-45C7-A8FF-798620FF6948.jpeg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'm getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on one of these, especially with the 0% for 60 and 1.9% for 72. The new Carbide that has the black out package on them has really intrigued me. I want the series II with the convenience package.
SOON!

I like it!

WS023_013WGqbm6n6ba0285n4chppr4mdhqrs.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I'm getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on one of these, especially with the 0% for 60 and 1.9% for 72. The new Carbide that has the black out package on them has really intrigued me. I want the series II with the convenience package.
SOON!

We really enjoy ours, and ours is a series 2 with the premium package (carbide equivalent without the black aesthetics) and the convenience package. ?

Still getting that vibration issue?
We are unfortunately. It’s less and liveable though. Just took it on a 2,000+ miles trip to Chicago and back. Was super comfy but the vibration was sporadic like it would come and go… no complaints other than that. I have a follow up service appointment next week to have them dive in more on the issue.
I had one of these as a rental for 9 days last month and I loved it. Super comfortable ride and tons of room. The Alpine stereo sounded great too. I want one now and may be kicking tires on them a year or so from now when I'm due for a new daily driver/race car tow rig.
good call! And I don’t think the one you pictured has the quadralift air suspension (maybe it does?) which makes the ride even better. We test drove with and without and it made such a difference that it made it to our must-have option list real quick.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
We really enjoy ours, and ours is a series 2 with the premium package (carbide equivalent without the black aesthetics) and the convenience package. ?

We are unfortunately. It’s less and liveable though. Just took it on a 2,000+ miles trip to Chicago and back. Was super comfy but the vibration was sporadic like it would come and go… no complaints other than that. I have a follow up service appointment next week to have them dive in more on the issue.

good call! And I don’t think the one you pictured has the quadralift air suspension (maybe it does?) which makes the ride even better. We test drove with and without and it made such a difference that it made it to our must-have option list real quick.
I don't thinking the one I drove had quadralift. It was a Series II. It was nicely equipped, but didn't have every bell and whistle available.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
It’s back in for warranty work this week.

Windshield replaced due to wavy defect.

Headliner being replaced as a support piece in back became delaminated and was rattling.

Third row seat cover was coming apart on the back seam. New seat cover on its way to be installed.

And they are going to try again on the highway speed vibration issue. I’ve been reading up that these oem Goodyear tires might be the culprits…

Wagoneer Client Services (WCS) has been awesome as getting the dealership to prioritize my car all the time. They come pick up my car and drop off either another Wagoneer or Grand Cherokee L as a loaner.

Just crossing my finger the vibration is fixed this time.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Why is this thing such a giant pile of shit?

They're so nice, but you shouldn't be having a fraction of these problems on essentially a 5 month old vehicle.
Brand new model, happens with most new model domestic cars.
I was really thinking hard of going to look/buy one this weekend but I'll be working tonight and tomorrow lol.
Might wait on the dealers to start getting the Carbide trim level on the lots as I'm really digging that trim level

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
It’s back in for warranty work this week.

Windshield replaced due to wavy defect.

Headliner being replaced as a support piece in back became delaminated and was rattling.

Third row seat cover was coming apart on the back seam. New seat cover on its way to be installed.

And they are going to try again on the highway speed vibration issue. I’ve been reading up that these oem Goodyear tires might be the culprits…

Wagoneer Client Services (WCS) has been awesome as getting the dealership to prioritize my car all the time. They come pick up my car and drop off either another Wagoneer or Grand Cherokee L as a loaner.

Just crossing my finger the vibration is fixed this time.
Fun story time…

Picked the truck a long time ago from this trip mentioned above and the replacement windshield was even worse than the one replaced. Showed the service manager and they agreed.

On the rear seat cover, the tech had just pushed the seam back in or something, as no new seat cover was installed. I saw it immediately and did a light push on the seam and it all came apart again. Showed the service manager and they agreed it needed a new cover, which I thought they had already been agreed upon…

After the headliner replacement, the front two seatbelts had resistance when pulling out slack. The trim cover pieces where the belt goes into the pillar was incorrectly installed back in. I fixed this at home, but the wear on the trim pieces showed and they ordered new ones to replace those.

Also, some time later, went to use the rear window washer fluid and it sprayed out the front a pillar. I assumed they forgot to reconnect that fluid line with the headliner.

Worse part, they didn’t do anything about the vibration. Said they couldn’t replicate it. Took the service manager out for them to feel and they said they felt it and would do more when it came back in for the other items.

All parts came in a bit ago and they picked up the truck Monday before thanksgiving. Got an update today that the new windshield, seat covers, seatbelt pillar trim pieces, and washer fluid line was all done. And they told me that nothing was done on the vibration since they could not replicate it again! I don’t know what jalopys eveyone there is used to driving in to think this amount of shaking is fine. I’ve made sure to take it out on freshly paved I-95 here to make sure I wasn’t imagining anything and each time I’m reassured I’m not. Wife and kids definitely notice it too.

This dealership service dept has caused more issues and wasted so much time that for anything new, I’ll be going to another dealership. Just sucks because they are they only certified Wagoneer dealership in the area that gives us the extras for service (pickup and drop off, 3 row loaner, full tank gas, detail cleaning, etc.)

On the vibration, I’m going to replace the suspect Goodyear tires with something high quality. If that doesn’t fix it right away, then I’ll see if a good Indy shop can diagnose the issue. If that doesn’t fix it, then I’ll be looking into recourse with stellantis. We really like the truck and how it’s optioned and the price we paid, so I don’t want to jump to that just yet….

Hopefully the next update will be good news only, but I suspect it won’t…

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Fun story time…

Picked the truck a long time ago from this trip mentioned above and the replacement windshield was even worse than the one replaced. Showed the service manager and they agreed.

On the rear seat cover, the tech had just pushed the seam back in or something, as no new seat cover was installed. I saw it immediately and did a light push on the seam and it all came apart again. Showed the service manager and they agreed it needed a new cover, which I thought they had already been agreed upon…

After the headliner replacement, the front two seatbelts had resistance when pulling out slack. The trim cover pieces where the belt goes into the pillar was incorrectly installed back in. I fixed this at home, but the wear on the trim pieces showed and they ordered new ones to replace those.

Also, some time later, went to use the rear window washer fluid and it sprayed out the front a pillar. I assumed they forgot to reconnect that fluid line with the headliner.

Worse part, they didn’t do anything about the vibration. Said they couldn’t replicate it. Took the service manager out for them to feel and they said they felt it and would do more when it came back in for the other items.

All parts came in a bit ago and they picked up the truck Monday before thanksgiving. Got an update today that the new windshield, seat covers, seatbelt pillar trim pieces, and washer fluid line was all done. And they told me that nothing was done on the vibration since they could not replicate it again! I don’t know what jalopys eveyone there is used to driving in to think this amount of shaking is fine. I’ve made sure to take it out on freshly paved I-95 here to make sure I wasn’t imagining anything and each time I’m reassured I’m not. Wife and kids definitely notice it too.

This dealership service dept has caused more issues and wasted so much time that for anything new, I’ll be going to another dealership. Just sucks because they are they only certified Wagoneer dealership in the area that gives us the extras for service (pickup and drop off, 3 row loaner, full tank gas, detail cleaning, etc.)

On the vibration, I’m going to replace the suspect Goodyear tires with something high quality. If that doesn’t fix it right away, then I’ll see if a good Indy shop can diagnose the issue. If that doesn’t fix it, then I’ll be looking into recourse with stellantis. We really like the truck and how it’s optioned and the price we paid, so I don’t want to jump to that just yet….

Hopefully the next update will be good news only, but I suspect it won’t…
Get a clear bottle of water and record the ripples/splashing of the water inside. That’s what I did to illustrate a vibration issue.

However in my case it was a 14 year old Silverado. Ended up being the lower control arm bushings. Had them replaced and vibration was gone. Hasn’t come back in over a year.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Thread Info