• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Amazon Basics Oil

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im thinking Amazon 5w40 for Spring SS change

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
Pretty interesting. I would assume though the only way to really be sure it is great is to use it in your car for a while and send a sample to a lab to see how it’s doing compared to another oil

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I’m going to order some tonight 5w30

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I thought about ordering some for the daily driver since the Castrol Edge 5w30 I normally buy was out of stock. I think I'll wait til some more oil analysis comes out from reputable labs. I'm sure the stuff is fine though.

For as often as I change oil, I could probably use the cheapest synthetic with no issues. Once I hit 4,000 miles, I change the oil whenever it's convenient. I rarely go more then 4,500 miles between oil changes. An extra oil change per year is cheap insurance.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I’m going give the Amazon oil a try.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Define "give it a try though"

Are we going to get the "tappets tap less and mpgs are up 7%"?

Cause I'm actually going to send samples to the lab upon next drain

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Reaction score
I'm curious to know who's oil theyre selling. Cuz Amazon isn't refining their own oil. Theyre just buying it from someone else, and slapping their sticker on the bottle.

Also, that YouTube channel has a bunch of other great videos. Testing brands of rust penetrants, types of duct tape, types of locktite, etc. I dig the experiments.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm curious to know who's oil theyre selling. Cuz Amazon isn't refining their own oil. Theyre just buying it from someone else, and slapping their sticker on the bottle.

Also, that YouTube channel has a bunch of other great videos. Testing brands of rust penetrants, types of duct tape, types of locktite, etc. I dig the experiments.

On tcg there is a another thread on Amazon oil and in the video it says who makes the oil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom