Amazon Basics Oil

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I thought about ordering some for the daily driver since the Castrol Edge 5w30 I normally buy was out of stock. I think I'll wait til some more oil analysis comes out from reputable labs. I'm sure the stuff is fine though.

For as often as I change oil, I could probably use the cheapest synthetic with no issues. Once I hit 4,000 miles, I change the oil whenever it's convenient. I rarely go more then 4,500 miles between oil changes. An extra oil change per year is cheap insurance.

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Mar 25, 2018
NW Burbs
I'm curious to know who's oil theyre selling. Cuz Amazon isn't refining their own oil. Theyre just buying it from someone else, and slapping their sticker on the bottle.

Also, that YouTube channel has a bunch of other great videos. Testing brands of rust penetrants, types of duct tape, types of locktite, etc. I dig the experiments.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I'm curious to know who's oil theyre selling. Cuz Amazon isn't refining their own oil. Theyre just buying it from someone else, and slapping their sticker on the bottle.

Also, that YouTube channel has a bunch of other great videos. Testing brands of rust penetrants, types of duct tape, types of locktite, etc. I dig the experiments.

On tcg there is a another thread on Amazon oil and in the video it says who makes the oil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info