šŸš˜ Automotive Am I insane for considering this?

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Geez, had to actually work and this thing definitely blew up.

I'm going to really mull everything over....I'm fiscally in a good spot after all the divorce shit ended. I'm north of 150k base salary plus my bonus.

C6 is totally paid off, and aside from the bumper repaint is in excellent shape. It's an 06 with 47,000 miles on it, and is paid off.

Truck has a note, but it's only $600 a month and I've got plenty of equity in it.

From a fiscal perspective it's very doable.

Can I live with beating up a nice C8 as a daily is a big question I've got to really think long and hard about.

This is why a side by side is in the mix...who cares if that gets beat, and I've got the truck to pull it with to trails.

The over road to travel here is keep both my cars, sell hers and buy a C8 convertible.

Lots to think about, and honestly some excellent questions, ideas, suggestions and as always on TCG humor.

Appreciate all the input, keep it rolling in...for now I'm going to get the bumper painted and PPFed and wait on the lady to get out here to figure it out.

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Here are my reasons why you should NOT do this.

1. We both drove the C8 and said it didnā€™t really do much for either of us.
2. You canā€™t leave shit alone so not only will you be giving up two vehicles to purchase one, but youā€™ll be spending even more money modding the C8, thus generating another money pit.
3. The C6 isā€¦ and I quote Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 a ā€œtimeless classicā€.
4. You sold the C6 once already, regretted it and bought it back. I did the exact same thing, sold my 08, immediately regret it, only to buy another one.
5. Save yourself the massive amounts of money and put a D1X on the car with low boost until you have the money to have a rotating assembly put in the LS2 to turn up the boost.

Just my .02, take it all with a grain of salt, but ultimately Mike, do whatā€™s going to make you happy bud! Thatā€™s whatā€™s most important!

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Here are my reasons why you should NOT do this.

1. We both drove the C8 and said it didnā€™t really do much for either of us.
2. You canā€™t leave shit alone so not only will you be giving up two vehicles to purchase one, but youā€™ll be spending even more money modding the C8, thus generating another money pit.
3. The C6 isā€¦ and I quote Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 a ā€œtimeless classicā€.
4. You sold the C6 once already, regretted it and bought it back. I did the exact same thing, sold my 08, immediately regret it, only to buy another one.
5. Save yourself the massive amounts of money and put a D1X on the car with low boost until you have the money to have a rotating assembly put in the LS2 to turn up the boost.

Just my .02, take it all with a grain of salt, but ultimately Mike, do whatā€™s going to make you happy bud! Thatā€™s whatā€™s most important!
Well......you're not wrong here.

Reactions: FESTER665

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
all i'll say is if you go w/ the C8 you gonna need to sell those cars just to keep up w/ the registration :ROFLMAO:
Do you have plates that are tied to the price and year? Thatā€™s how it is here. Like 9 years of prorated plates then $97. Wifeā€™s car was $500 this year

Reactions: Huggerorange73

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Do you have plates that are tied to the price and year? Thatā€™s how it is here. Like 9 years of prorated plates then $97. Wifeā€™s car was $500 this year

pretty much. yep. The newer the car and the more valuable it is, the more you pay. And that doesn't even get into custom plates and custom text if you want that. At this point, I pay more for my plate and text on the GTO than the actual registration amount is :ROFLMAO:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I really want a bandit Trans Am
One Step At A Time Eye GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 since it sounds like the c6 is going bye bye are you planning on putting it back to stock since u did lots of mods or just try and sell it yourself for top dollar being modded?
I don't have any of the parts to turn back the clock.

If it goes....it goes as is and shown.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I don't have any of the parts to turn back the clock.

If it goes....it goes as is and shown.
When u do decide to sell I know a guy who is interested and check writer for a quick sale just do yourself a favor and donā€™t start adding up what u have in it. It can cause a a headache just think about KBB.com or Carmax offer.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
When u do decide to sell I know a guy who is interested and check writer for a quick sale just do yourself a favor and donā€™t start adding up what u have in it. It can cause a a headache just think about KBB.com or Carmax offer.
I'm not that guy.

Mods are .50 on the dollar on a wonderful day.

The reality is its probably a 25k car.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Geez, had to actually work and this thing definitely blew up.

I'm going to really mull everything over....I'm fiscally in a good spot after all the divorce shit ended. I'm north of 150k base salary plus my bonus.

C6 is totally paid off, and aside from the bumper repaint is in excellent shape. It's an 06 with 47,000 miles on it, and is paid off.

Truck has a note, but it's only $600 a month and I've got plenty of equity in it.

From a fiscal perspective it's very doable.

Can I live with beating up a nice C8 as a daily is a big question I've got to really think long and hard about.

This is why a side by side is in the mix...who cares if that gets beat, and I've got the truck to pull it with to trails.

The over road to travel here is keep both my cars, sell hers and buy a C8 convertible.

Lots to think about, and honestly some excellent questions, ideas, suggestions and as always on TCG humor.

Appreciate all the input, keep it rolling in...for now I'm going to get the bumper painted and PPFed and wait on the lady to get out here to figure it out.

There is nothing unique about a C8. Beat it up all you want.

Thread Info