🚘 Automotive Am I insane for considering this?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The good news is that you live in an area that allows for whatever you would ultimately want to do…. You have some fun sounding options picked out. Performance side by sides are a ton of fun and they have gotten bonkers. But, they are expensive for nice ones and modifications aren’t cheaper than car items either. Although, 500hp side by side that can effortlessly go over whoops and huge bumps without issue would not suck.

DDing a nice car is going to take some consideration though. You would have to be ok with the fact the outside is going to get beat up with use. A full ppf would be your only hope, but it is still going to get scuffed up. But, it would be awesome.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Considering he’s ran 10’s in it I’m sure he can handle driving it? wtf you even going on about here? Auto c6 setup for turns? Get out of here lol
how was i supposed to know its auto :dunno:

I have never met anybody that’s taken a car down the track say it was boring.
i have
it wasn't boring
it's just... not all that interesting
it's like hey, what motorsport can i do that requires the least driving skill and has even less driving time than an autocross, ah, i know

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
sure and most haven't even tried a road track. my point is it's a lot of fun and worth a try chucking a car you already own onto one and seeing what it (or more accurately you) can even do with it, before finding a new money sink. not like the track itself isn't a money sink of a hobby too, nonetheless it is weird to me to upgrade to weapons that owners don't typically have any clue how to wield, especially when they are expensive

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Drag racing is a huge thrill and hobby for alot of people (many on this site) and so is road course racing. Not sure why anyone would cut down someone elses hobby. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean many others feel the same. It's the same shit with ford/chevy/dodge brand loyalty. It's very juvinile.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
If Mike were to be interested in road course racing I know another guy who has been doing that in his 2020 1LT, Mark G.

1711401100335.png

Reactions: Huggerorange73

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Arkdale, WI brah….about 40 minutes north of the Dells. There are a bunch of trails around there and they have about 11 acres on their property to ride on.

Clearing some trails up in the fall….
View attachment 201847

Taking the kids out in the summer…
View attachment 201848
View attachment 201849
So….. TCG ATV cruises with Greasy as the guide? I’ve been itching to get more hours on mine.

Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 if you do consider a SxS, make sure you have a vehicle that can tow it, in case you want to go beyond riding it locally.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So….. TCG ATV cruises with Greasy as the guide? I’ve been itching to get more hours on mine.

Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 if you do consider a SxS, make sure you have a vehicle that can tow it, in case you want to go beyond riding it locally.
See post 46 please

Reactions: Huggerorange73

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I am rolling in my sleep because I’m trying to be fiscally responsible and shit and won’t commit to a $1k car note. Brah, you’re single, basically renting pussy, in AZ???!!! Get that vette!!! That mid engine is another animal. It’s a pussy magnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Call an Uber to fill your gas can.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I would only do it if it was Z06. The LT1 engine leaves something to be desired in the HP department

I saw a test where they did a cam in a LS3 and LT1. They came from the same company and had similar specs. The LT1 didn't pick up nearly as much as the LS3 did. Is the LT1 an engine that doesn't respond as well to bolt ons and cam?

track-minded people like sickmint79 sickmint79 and myself think that driving in a straight line for 10 seconds is brainless and dumb

mostly, because it is

Agreed. Especially in an automatic car which has less driver involvement than a manual trans would have

I have never met anybody that’s taken a car down the track say it was boring.

I know plenty of people who say that. Many of them started doing atuo-x or road course stuff. Which is a good reason. They are a lot more enjoyable than drag racing.

The 3600 stall pretty much kills the turning fun.

So your project for the C6 you're keeping is a 6-speed conversion and some auto-x and road course stuff. Nice!

Thread Info