Active shooter Aurora West side

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
He bought the gun legally. Later he applied for a concealed carry permit and a background check discovered the prior. He was denied the permit and his foid car was revoked. He kept the gun

If he had a foid card he had it Illegally since he had to lie on the paperwork to get it, I guess thats on the state of illinois for not doing a proper background check, he also lied on the form to buy the gun where it ask if you have been convicted of a felony

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
IMG_3176.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
See, that’s the rub. People unhappy with gun laws getting tightened, but this guy follows the legal process and that process fails. I wonder how the gun fell through the cracks when they revoked his FOID card?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv....d-card-was-revoked-gun-never-confiscated/amp/

I mean he falsified a state and federal document to obtain the foid card and gun illegally, but yeah the state fucked up in letting it happen

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4...n-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
This infuriates me so much. So someone or some people did not do or did a half as job on a background check. And a shitty letter is sent to the shooter telling him his foid card has been revoked and to voluntarily turn in his firearm.

As soon as ones foid card is revoked because of priors or recent felony. Two officers should be immediately sent to that persons residence and take the firearms away. The county will send a sheriff to deliver papers to serve you but will not confiscate a felons illegal firearms!! WTF!!

And now 5 people are dead because of a lack of enforcing current laws.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
watched the Aurora PD press conference. This guy killed the HR manager, an HR intern, plant manager and 2 factory workers. It was the intern's first day there too.

My wife does HR, this exact scenario is her worst nightmare...someone going postal after losing their job.

RIP to the victims.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
And now 5 people are dead because of a lack of enforcing current laws.

The shitty part is the last few mass shootings should have been prevented by were botched by authorities and yet they’ll talk about adding new laws when they should focus on enforcing the current ones to the fullest extent possible.

This one, Parkland, and Sutherland Springs were all totally preventable.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
As soon as ones foid card is revoked because of priors or recent felony. Two officers should be immediately sent to that persons residence and take the firearms away. The county will send a sheriff to deliver papers to serve you but will not confiscate a felons illegal firearms!! WTF!!

What would happen if they were “lost or stolen”?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Unreal the incompetence in this state and our government for allowing a convicted felon to obtain a FOID, which in turn allowed him to get the weapon used in this attack.

If I were the families, I'd be going after the state BIG time.

Don’t forget federal. He had to lie on a 4473 to buy the gun and they ran a check on him too

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Unreal the incompetence in this state and our government for allowing a convicted felon to obtain a FOID, which in turn allowed him to get the weapon used in this attack.

If I were the families, I'd be going after the state BIG time.

I've always said if I ever got hurt in Illinois I'd sue cause I couldn't defend myself.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Looks like the black guy killed four white guys and a hispanic guy . He was about to get fired . He bought the gun in 2011 , he wasn't supposed to get it , because of previous convictions . Illinois didn't catch it till he applied for a concealed carry permit . Then didn't turn in the gun when the state told him to .

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Police have identified the workers who were killed as human resources manager Clayton Parks of Elgin, human resources intern Trevor Wehner of DeKalb, plant manager Josh Pinkard of Oswego, mould operator Russell Beyer of Yorkville; and stock room attendant Vicente Juarez of Oswego.

It was Mr Wehner’s first day on the job, his uncle Jay Wehner said. The Northern Illinois University student was on track to graduate in May with a degree in human resource management.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Looks like the black guy killed four white guys and a hispanic guy . He was about to get fired . He bought the gun in 2011 , he wasn't supposed to get it , because of previous convictions . Illinois didn't catch it till he applied for a concealed carry permit . Then didn't turn in the gun when the state told him to .

Clearly the gun's fault....SMH

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
See, that’s the rub. People unhappy with gun laws getting tightened, but this guy follows the legal process and that process fails. I wonder how the gun fell through the cracks when they revoked his FOID card?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv....d-card-was-revoked-gun-never-confiscated/amp/

I think there needs to be distinction made between laws and their implementation thereof. Parkland is a great example. Instead of actively enforcing laws you have people that just want to make more of them to pretend as if they're "doing something" which is making the law abiding into felons. IMO the number one question that needs to be asked of any grabber is "Do you support 10/20/30 like Florida or Project Exile style laws?"

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Seems like they need to figure out a few things before talking about adding anything new.

1st, How did the FOID background check not detect his previous charge and issues in Mississippi? Was it an issue with our looking or their reporting?

2nd, Why did no authorities collect his firearm when his FOID was revoked? They need to make this a priority in the future and with the people currently with revoked FOID cards and no paperwork submitted on what they did with their firearms.

3rd, How was there no catching that he had a revoked FOID and didn’t submit paperwork on what he did with his firearm with his arrests over the years?

The biggest one is the first one IMO. Yet again, laws on the books should have prevented it but those in charge dropped the ball yet again.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
From what I hear third hand. The state of Mississippi doesn’t report to the NCIS system, and also there are 11,000 revoked FOID cards and only 4,000 people have submitted the paperwork saying what they did with their firearms.

Read another article today that said one of the guys he killed was the union shop steward representing him at the meeting with HR. What’s really fucked up is it was the same shop steward who got him his job back when he was terminated 2 years prior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info