Accepted another position, moving out of Illinois

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
You know, living away from Chicago (in this case Seattle), i really liked getting away from it all. It was nice. Now granted things that have me returning to Chicago are out of my control in some ways but i am actually kind of glad.

I think i have a greater appreciation for Chicago (politics etc aside). I really missed the city itself, family and friends.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Moved to California, then back to Illinois, all in less than a year?!?! That's a lot of work.

It is, but luckily we had a lot of stuff packed still from moving out here so it wont be too bad. And we had found out that our landlord was going to be moving back into our place so we were going to have to move again anyways...

You know, living away from Chicago (in this case Seattle), i really liked getting away from it all. It was nice. Now granted things that have me returning to Chicago are out of my control in some ways but i am actually kind of glad.

I think i have a greater appreciation for Chicago (politics etc aside). I really missed the city itself, family and friends.

X2, I've grown a greater appreciation for the Chicago area after moving away. When I interviewed downtown, I realized how much I miss that city. SF is cool, but no Chicago.

I would have a hard time leaving for sure. My friends are my family. I love them very much

Agreed.

awesome angus..

what's your car situation these days???

DD Saab currently...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
X2, I've grown a greater appreciation for the Chicago area after moving away. When I interviewed downtown, I realized how much I miss that city. SF is cool, but no Chicago.

I'm the opposite. After leaving I look at Illinois and I wonder why anyone would choose to live there. High taxes, corruption, shitty weather for 65% of the time, no scenery, no outdoor life at all unless you're KJ or Panda but you're making other sacrifices when you live that far away from the city. The only upshot of Chicago for me is downtown in the summer and property costs. I could spend half our LA house budget on a place in the suburbs and live like a king.

I get really anxious when my wife talks about going back though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info