A bunch of pics at the park today....40+ pics....

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
It's an Eaton M112, i find that really hard to believe. I don't know if the M90 puller will work with an M112, but i don't just have a 3 jaw puller, i have an Eaton specific tool. Those motherfuckers are on reallllll tight though, a few i've pulled have popped pretty good when they break loose.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
That is really peculiar, I am not really in the know but i find it completely absurd that Jaguar pressed a pulley onto an Eaton blower in the first place and that it didn't come from Eaton with the pulley on it, and if so, that they fit tighter than any other Eaton blower/pulley. what kind of puller are shops using? Are they bending the pulley? My stock one came off with a C shaped puller and bent the edge a bit. I wouldn't want to tackle it anyways but the puller i have looks like this and i have no idea how it would fuck a pulley up. my guess is that the Jaguar community hasn't exactly pulled nearly as many pulleys as say Cobra/Lightning/GTP owners and may be using a 3 jaw puller.

199_1.jpg

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
This is from several techs and euro shops. I found the write up before on how Jaguar did it what the used. The snouts are diffent than the cobras and lightnings. I asked and looked. The snouts for my car where made for the jags. There is one shop local that was doing a kb ts swap but stopped due to lack of demand for it but another shop did it for the XJR and is making over 550 to the wheels on a dynojet. It can be done but the trans and rear are unknown what they can handle. All the simple little mods I have planned will be more than enough for it then I can focus on the next car to pick up and build

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
02SSEi said:
Yes Joel, that puller works amazingly.

That is really odd, i wonder why they wanted a specific snout if it's a ford motor still.

It is really not a Ford motor as the block code is British. The trans is a Mercedes and the diff internals are the same as Aston Martin an a denso/Ford ECU that no Ford shop that can tune or read. I have a Eurpoean mutt.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
ilikebmx999 said:
Do you like it riski? Sounds like a pain to own....how reliable has it been?
Yea I like it and no issues. I'm not trying to make a race car or more than what it is suppose to be. Just want to get a lil' more power out of it and make it a bit nicer. Once I do the few things u want to do. My focus will shift onto a real project. I enjoy the fact that it is a rare car you don't hardly ever see and looks good and is peppy

Thread Info