• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

97 Blazer delayed/hard shifting

Aron

Scared pussy
Reaction score
I have a 97 Blazer 4x4 - 4.3 w/4L60e.

On my way to KOTS Saturday I noticed when I got off the tollway that when pulling away from stops under normal acceleration, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts were delayed and very hard, almost like it had a shift kit. We stopped for lunch for half hour, and when we left it was shifting normal (I assume because of a cooldown period). A couple miles down the road, after getting back up to operaring temperature it started doing it again. Eventually I got a SES, but I periodically get one for O2 sensor, so I'm not sure if it's related. On the way home it did the same. Later on I stopped for a hour or so, then drove home about 12 miles. SES cleared and it shifted normal all the way home.

Yesterday and today I drove the truck and no problems, but I didn't go far.

Any ideas?

2003_svtcobra

Reaction score
when was the last time the trans was flushed and filter changed? and how many miles are on it. but it sounds like the trans is on the way out.

IZZy