97 Blazer delayed/hard shifting

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I have a 97 Blazer 4x4 - 4.3 w/4L60e.

On my way to KOTS Saturday I noticed when I got off the tollway that when pulling away from stops under normal acceleration, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts were delayed and very hard, almost like it had a shift kit. We stopped for lunch for half hour, and when we left it was shifting normal (I assume because of a cooldown period). A couple miles down the road, after getting back up to operaring temperature it started doing it again. Eventually I got a SES, but I periodically get one for O2 sensor, so I'm not sure if it's related. On the way home it did the same. Later on I stopped for a hour or so, then drove home about 12 miles. SES cleared and it shifted normal all the way home.

Yesterday and today I drove the truck and no problems, but I didn't go far.

Any ideas?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
when was the last time the trans was flushed and filter changed? and how many miles are on it. but it sounds like the trans is on the way out.
It has around 125k. I'm not sure of the service records since I've only owned it for just under 2 years.

I'm thinking it's more of an electronic problem than mechanical since the shifting is electronically controlled by the pcm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info