60* V6 plug question

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So my brother drives a 99 Malibu with the 3.1L V6. We're (I am) doing the plugs wires and fuel filter today. The AC Delco original plugs are like 6 dollars at Napa but the NGK's are 3. Does anyone with any experience with these motors have any recommendations for plugs? I run NGK's in my 3800 but i have pretty much no experience with the 60* V6.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
my dad ran NGK plugs in his 3100 century without an issue.
go for it :dunno:

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean the NGK V-powers?

I'd say go with the ACdelco just because it's OEM, but there shouldn't be any problems running the NGK's either. The little thing I go by is that if the car's American, get american plugs (ACDelco, Bosch, etc.) and if it's an Import, get NGK! haha

OP
DanJoy

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went with the Delco's. They are made by NGK and were cheaper. My brother just drives this car to go to work, bang hoodrats and pick up blunts.

chuck_chizzle

Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean the NGK V-powers?

I'd say go with the ACdelco just because it's OEM, but there shouldn't be any problems running the NGK's either. The little thing I go by is that if the car's American, get american plugs (ACDelco, Bosch, etc.) and if it's an Import, get NGK! haha
...uhm....Bosch is german.

on another note i just put ngk's in my brothers 99 GP SE. such a pain in the ass having to remove the coil packs and then laying on the motor to get the back bank of plugs out ans then the last one snapped in half! they looked like the orginal AC plugs, which doesnt surprise me considering the air filter that i replaced 15 mins prior.

OP
DanJoy

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm remove the coil packs... I never thought of that. I just did the rear bank by feel. Took awhile.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah it can totally be done by feel. I always just kneeled on top of my intake manifold when changing plugs.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
at some point Delco had a bad batch where the ceramic cracked and caused a missfire condition. I would just use NGKs for the better quality. Seems like delco plugs are cheaper rebranded stuff anyway.

Oh and Delcos are not always American. Bosch sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom