60* V6 plug question

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So my brother drives a 99 Malibu with the 3.1L V6. We're (I am) doing the plugs wires and fuel filter today. The AC Delco original plugs are like 6 dollars at Napa but the NGK's are 3. Does anyone with any experience with these motors have any recommendations for plugs? I run NGK's in my 3800 but i have pretty much no experience with the 60* V6.

I'm guessing you mean the NGK V-powers?

I'd say go with the ACdelco just because it's OEM, but there shouldn't be any problems running the NGK's either. The little thing I go by is that if the car's American, get american plugs (ACDelco, Bosch, etc.) and if it's an Import, get NGK! haha
...uhm....Bosch is german.

on another note i just put ngk's in my brothers 99 GP SE. such a pain in the ass having to remove the coil packs and then laying on the motor to get the back bank of plugs out ans then the last one snapped in half! they looked like the orginal AC plugs, which doesnt surprise me considering the air filter that i replaced 15 mins prior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info