• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

6* KR with 3.25 at

2000gtp

Reaction score
hello everyone...
i installed a 3.25 on my car on monday.. and got my hands on a scantool today and i read 6* kr at wot. at idle i have none and at about half throttle i have 1*. does anyone know how i can cure this? should i go one spark plug colder?
MODS: 3.25 pulley, FWI, TOGS, RT downpipe w/ highflow cat, Dynomax catback, 180* t-stat, Dhp w/ timing adjust (happy knob not installed yet).

Thanks

Ryan

I

imported_Diavolo

rockers. Many gtp's can't run a 3.25 without knock unless they have rockers. Try throwing in some Autolite 104's but I doubt that will kill 6* kr.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, 6 degrees of KR, huh? Do you know what your base timing is? I would start there. If the "happy knob" is not hooked up yet, and the cooler air is giving you low IAT's, I suspect you're commanding strastopheric amounts of timing over stock. Stock timing is 15 degrees advanced at WOT, 36 at part-throttle.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Ron, unplugging the IAT will result in a temperature reading of -32 degrees F which is beyond the lowest temperature the PCM will make timing changes for. As such, it should default to stock DHP timing, or 16 - 17 degrees advance.

The lowest point on the happy knob is 30 degrees F which will result in full advance, or + 6 degrees. With the IAT unplugged (which I presume it is) he should be in the clear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom