3800 6* KR with 3.25 at

2000gtp

Regular
Feb 17, 2008
Omaha,NE
hello everyone...
i installed a 3.25 on my car on monday.. and got my hands on a scantool today and i read 6* kr at wot. at idle i have none and at about half throttle i have 1*. does anyone know how i can cure this? should i go one spark plug colder?
MODS: 3.25 pulley, FWI, TOGS, RT downpipe w/ highflow cat, Dynomax catback, 180* t-stat, Dhp w/ timing adjust (happy knob not installed yet).

Thanks

Ryan

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, 6 degrees of KR, huh? Do you know what your base timing is? I would start there. If the "happy knob" is not hooked up yet, and the cooler air is giving you low IAT's, I suspect you're commanding strastopheric amounts of timing over stock. Stock timing is 15 degrees advanced at WOT, 36 at part-throttle.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Ron, unplugging the IAT will result in a temperature reading of -32 degrees F which is beyond the lowest temperature the PCM will make timing changes for. As such, it should default to stock DHP timing, or 16 - 17 degrees advance.

The lowest point on the happy knob is 30 degrees F which will result in full advance, or + 6 degrees. With the IAT unplugged (which I presume it is) he should be in the clear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list