YouTube 470whp VW Golf R - Matt Farah One Take

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The springs rubbing is the funniest part. That kit has been plagued with problems and never really put down the numbers that APR advertised.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
I mean its probably fun to drive and all. But damn a built block and upgraded turbo just for 470HP? I guess I am not impressed. The Stage II tune I had was rated for 387HP/409TQ. That was plenty and at a reasonable cost.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know there are people running around with 470+ and stock internals. I think that car may just be a chance for them to show off their new crate motor program.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I know there are people running around with 470+ and stock internals. I think that car may just be a chance for them to show off their new crate motor program.
Do the R's eat up transmissions like the Evo X MR?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Guys are in the 10s without issue, just the TCU tune. The 9 second R I'm pretty sure has upgraded internals but I gotta find the specs on it. [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION], did those guys ever post the full build? I cant find it anywhere.

Edit: I think this is it...looks like the stock DSG with calibration software to hold the additional torque.

9.5 @ 145

Track conditions:
4050 FT DA at Fontana Autoclub Raceway
96F at the time of the pass
July 22 2017
700whp corrected/540wtq corrected (roughly 640-650whp/490wtq uncorrected at race time)

2015 Golf R
IMS 780 turbo kit with optional 3.5” downpipe Featuring Xona Rotor 78-64 turbocharger with Internal Gate. Can’t thank Forced Performance, TiAL and Xona Rotor for the support.
United Motorsport software for both ECU and TCU. Advanced Launch Control, Boost by gear, Flex Fuel, Dodson TCU calibration, etc.
IMS 2.5” IC tubing kit
IMS Brushless fuel system with 1200cc injectors
IMS built longblock
IE spec Mahle PowerPak pistons
ARP head studs
IE Tuscan Rods
Mahle rod bearings
Ported cylinder head IMS spec
IE valve springs and retainers
Stock DQ250 with Wavetrac Differential
Dodson Sportsman PLUS 8 disk clutchset
IE intercooler system
AMS Carbon Air Filter assembly
E90 fuel
Brail battery
TSW 17x8 with M&H Racemasters in front, M&H Radials in the rear
Emannnuel Designs lowering springs
Weight reduction to (Seats removed with Kirkey race seat installed)
Turn down exhaust “half back” 3.5”, no cats

The crazy part, this car has more in it….. Stay tuned.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
That the forged crate motor can handle same power as some stockers out there? :jg:

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That the forged crate motor can handle same power as some stockers out there? :jg:
Pretty sure it’s a matter of how long stock motors can handle it. A local guy lifted his head with the stage 3+ kit and I think went ARP headstuds.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys are in the 10s without issue, just the TCU tune. The 9 second R I'm pretty sure has upgraded internals but I gotta find the specs on it. [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION], did those guys ever post the full build? I cant find it anywhere.

Edit: I think this is it...looks like the stock DSG with calibration software to hold the additional torque.

9.5 @ 145
That’s the one. Anthony something. Car was for sale for $57K I think. it’s a stock DSG with Dodson clutch packs and a calibration.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s a matter of how long stock motors can handle it. A local guy lifted his head with the stage 3+ kit and I think went ARP headstuds.

When I was having my tuned. I was seriously considering going Stage III. Until I spoke with a few places that said wait till all the bugs are out. That there were a couple local cars that went kaboooooom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom