Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Guys are in the 10s without issue, just the TCU tune. The 9 second R I'm pretty sure has upgraded internals but I gotta find the specs on it. [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION], did those guys ever post the full build? I cant find it anywhere.

Edit: I think this is it...looks like the stock DSG with calibration software to hold the additional torque.

9.5 @ 145

Track conditions:
4050 FT DA at Fontana Autoclub Raceway
96F at the time of the pass
July 22 2017
700whp corrected/540wtq corrected (roughly 640-650whp/490wtq uncorrected at race time)

2015 Golf R
IMS 780 turbo kit with optional 3.5” downpipe Featuring Xona Rotor 78-64 turbocharger with Internal Gate. Can’t thank Forced Performance, TiAL and Xona Rotor for the support.
United Motorsport software for both ECU and TCU. Advanced Launch Control, Boost by gear, Flex Fuel, Dodson TCU calibration, etc.
IMS 2.5” IC tubing kit
IMS Brushless fuel system with 1200cc injectors
IMS built longblock
IE spec Mahle PowerPak pistons
ARP head studs
IE Tuscan Rods
Mahle rod bearings
Ported cylinder head IMS spec
IE valve springs and retainers
Stock DQ250 with Wavetrac Differential
Dodson Sportsman PLUS 8 disk clutchset
IE intercooler system
AMS Carbon Air Filter assembly
E90 fuel
Brail battery
TSW 17x8 with M&H Racemasters in front, M&H Radials in the rear
Emannnuel Designs lowering springs
Weight reduction to (Seats removed with Kirkey race seat installed)
Turn down exhaust “half back” 3.5”, no cats

The crazy part, this car has more in it….. Stay tuned.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Guys are in the 10s without issue, just the TCU tune. The 9 second R I'm pretty sure has upgraded internals but I gotta find the specs on it. [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION], did those guys ever post the full build? I cant find it anywhere.

Edit: I think this is it...looks like the stock DSG with calibration software to hold the additional torque.

9.5 @ 145

That’s the one. Anthony something. Car was for sale for $57K I think. it’s a stock DSG with Dodson clutch packs and a calibration.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Pretty sure it’s a matter of how long stock motors can handle it. A local guy lifted his head with the stage 3+ kit and I think went ARP headstuds.

When I was having my tuned. I was seriously considering going Stage III. Until I spoke with a few places that said wait till all the bugs are out. That there were a couple local cars that went kaboooooom.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info