3800 no more.....

Mfdiablo91

Mfdiablo91
Reaction score
Hey guys tragically my car caught fire under the hood last night after I tried resetting the oil level light. That light was on for a couple of days I checked the oil and it was dry so I put n new oil and boom....does anyone know of any salvage yards that pay at least 500 for a car with a melted engine? I gota quote of 195 for victory auto wreckers in Bensenville......I plan on getting a gtp for 1900 in like a month any help would be appreciated thanks

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Did it burn oil or just leak from everywhere? Or did you spill a shit ton when re-filling?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you spilled oil on the exhaust? Must've been running really hot to do that

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Did the fire ignite as you were adding oil? Or you finish, go inside...little while later you see flames?

Mfdiablo91

Mfdiablo91
Reaction score
Did the fire ignite as you were adding oil? Or you finish, go inside...little while later you see flames?
I added oil drove to the gym two hours later drive home I tried resetting the oil light with the gas pedal procedure then it started smoking

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Most confusing thing ever. Buy my GTP. It beat a 2013 mustang GT to 70 when I got out of it.

Mfdiablo91

Mfdiablo91
Reaction score
Most confusing thing ever. Buy my GTP. It beat a 2013 mustang GT to 70 when I got out of it.
I don't have much money if im lucky il get maybe 200 cuz of the burned engine so im only trying to spend 2000 which will take me a month and half to come up with

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
I had no idea there was a procedure for resetting the low oil light. The couple times mine has come on, it had gone away after adding oil. Is a GP different?

Mfdiablo91

Mfdiablo91
Reaction score
I had no idea there was a procedure for resetting the low oil light. The couple times mine has come on, it had gone away after adding oil. Is a GP different?
a vid on youtube said to turn the car on only for electrical shit and press and hold gas for 3 seconds then release I did that twice so I know it would work then boom

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
that sucks, scrap is way down right now, I just got 475 for a 5300lb van that i drove to the scrap yard, getting more than 200 out of a car that dosnt run sounds unlikely

lastls1

Reaction score
a vid on youtube said to turn the car on only for electrical shit and press and hold gas for 3 seconds then release I did that twice so I know it would work then boom

That's for the oil monitor life light not for the low oil light. If the oil is low the only way to reset that would be to add oil obviously

lastls1

Reaction score
The fact that the owner was ok with taking a pic of it with a headlight out means it was not taken care of like the ad says

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
That's for the oil monitor life light not for the low oil light. If the oil is low the only way to reset that would be to add oil obviously
That would explain why I was so confused :rofl: :picard:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom