3800 3.29 Gearing Question

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Nov 29 2004, 10:24 PM
unfortunatley... i think i am at stock.. i was just told i have 3.29 gearing... we will see tomorrow once leo talks to his father.
[snapback]61732[/snapback]​
Same exact thing happened to me. I requested the 3.29 gearing, Al said he was going to do it. When I got the car back I was overheating, I thought it was the gears. Went to Beyrechs house to add the gearing to my PCM. Nope, I did not receive the 3.29 gears, stock gears I have. I called Al up, he said some bull about not having the right amount of teeth, or something on my Gen II LSD that was put in a month prior???? he said hed get the gears and call me. I called 4 times over the next month, more hesitation... he said hed call back, never did. I gave up after not getting a cll back after about 4-6 calls to the shop.

Most likely you have stock gearing like me.

Joe A

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Ok, This is for SYP, and JOEYBOY777.
We appologize for the misunderstanding in the gearing issue.
The final ratio chart my father has is from ATSG which is ASE certified, and there was an error on the chart stating that the GTP is a 3,29 final drive ratio. We called GM for more accurate info and the final drive is actually 2.93.
We appologize again, and ask if you wait for us to get the necessary parts in, (a few days-a few weeks) we will replace the gearing free of charge. We understand that it will take a day out of your schedule, but it is the only thing we can do to make things right again.
Please understand that out intent was not to lie to anyone or lead anyone in the wrong direction, it was an honest mistake, and we are trying to better the situations by providing our customers with the correct service.
And we now have the accurate info on the trans, and will include the 3.29 gear in our "race trans" package if requested.

-The Northwest Transmission Staff

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by syP@Nov 30 2004, 08:07 AM
that doesnt sound like Al...he seems very nice... you might wanna talk to Leo about that... im sure he will relay it to his dad..

Anyways, it seems that he just has a little confusion about what gearing the stock GTP has... that is all.
[snapback]61768[/snapback]​
Yup definately, Al is a great guy. Its good that they foud the issue so it does not happen to another car. I I am happy with the trans, as I stated in another post.

QUOTE (Diavolo @ May 27 2004, 03:44 PM)
did you end up going? I was waiting on a PM back from charles still.

I went, we ended up there playing with my car until 12:30. I found out my cars gears were not actually changed, I have stock gearing.. it was supposed to be changed with the new race tranny.. but i will wait to see what happens before i go into a rant.. its a good trans...
I have the new comp and look forward to finish up the car..
peace out...
joe a
Way to meet the expectations of the customer. Ive been happy with the stock gearing, not sure if I will take up your offer yet. Glad to hear you have the issue figured out.

Joe A

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info