$26,000 brand new silverado double cab.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The issue is the thing in the dash isn't the radio, it's the infotainment display. It's connected to the human machine interface module, media player module, instrument panel cluster, radio module, amplifier, and vehicle communications interface module in a special network bus called the MOST network. The actual radio doesn't use conventional working to send a signal to the amp, just a data signal. And if you try and remove something it sets all kinds of fucked up codes and your gauges certainly won't work, and that's assuming you even get the car to start.

Of course people will bitch about this, but it actually a really good system and allows the vehicle to do a bunch of cool behind the scenes stuff. Just not very upgradable

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Incentives on trucks make buying a used truck a stupid move. Used truck prices are insane and it seems so unwarranted since new trucks have such deep discounts. At CL Dodge there is a Sport that is over optioned for me but it stickers at 53K and is on their website for 44K. I have priced the one I want at 47K and last January they said it would be right around 40K after rebates. The same truck as a used 2013 is still mid 30's and has 20K+ miles. No brainer IMO.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Incentives on trucks make buying a used truck a stupid move. Used truck prices are insane and it seems so unwarranted since new trucks have such deep discounts. At CL Dodge there is a Sport that is over optioned for me but it stickers at 53K and is on their website for 44K. I have priced the one I want at 47K and last January they said it would be right around 40K after rebates. The same truck as a used 2013 is still mid 30's and has 20K+ miles. No brainer IMO.

That's what I realized back in 2010-2011 when I bought mine... 07,08,09's were selling for $30,000 with 50-80k on them... I bought my truck with more options for $30,000 brand new. Would've been stupid to buy used.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
:rofl: Just built one on the Ford website. Had an XLT, 4WD, 3.5EB, SC short bed, and no other options and it was $43K...that's just stupid

F-250 XLT SCab regular bed 4x4 with the 6.7 starts at 49k. No options. :rofl:

I'd spend the extra money and buy the diesel long before spending 43k on an EcoBoost if I was looking for a tow pig.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Regardless, if you plan on using a truck for work or towing, why not get a 3/4 ton? The gas vs. diesel debate is never going to end, but, I think it's pretty obvious that you're going to be much happier in a 3/4 ton truck if you're using it for more than towing short distances and hauling stuff in the bed.

Also, the gas trucks, like KJ said, have come a long way. You're not going to see much of a loss in mileage going from a 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info