đź“° Auto News 2023 C8 Z06 | 670hp, 5.5L Flat-Plane

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Ok. Pretty sure we all knew that. I'm asking if they're both going to be running the IMSA Daytona 24 hours in January, to see how they compete. Unless GM is running the old C7Z06 instead of the new C8? Is that what you're meaning?
I’m saying that the old C7 was wrecking the Ford GT. Can’t wait to see the new one slap it around even more.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’m saying that the old C7 was wrecking the Ford GT. Can’t wait to see the new one slap it around even more.
Okay, but you're benchmarking using the C7. What if the C8 shits the bed? I'm not saying it will, nor do I hope it does. Just asking if they're going to be competing against each other. In racing we've seen where "new" versions of cars get spanked by older cars. I think GM will have their shit sorted out, but 24 hours of racing isn't an easy task, and Ford is using a proven design. GM is stepping up with something new.

There's also BoP which might affect the performance....

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Okay, but you're benchmarking using the C7. What if the C8 shits the bed? I'm not saying it will, nor do I hope it does. Just asking if they're going to be competing against each other. In racing we've seen where "new" versions of cars get spanked by older cars. I think GM will have their shit sorted out, but 24 hours of racing isn't an easy task, and Ford is using a proven design. GM is stepping up with something new.

The C8 Z07 peasant consumer version netted the second best lateral G grip on any car they’ve tested at MotorTrend. I don’t think they’ll shit the bed.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

GM has been running the C8 Z06 and LT6 at 24 hour events since 2020. Nothing new.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
C8z hits the track.

Wish I could see his RPM. Not sure if he shifted or the car did but he dropped from 4th to 3rd at 110mph coming off that straight.
Now that I type this it makes sense I guess. My Camaro is wrong out in third at 105 mph and this beast obviously revs much higher.
I consider booking another extreme experience if they add the z06 to their stables.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info