Plainfield
Scottie knows...
giphy.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
She has now dropped out of Individuals as well. WOW.

I think this has more to do about it then anything... I bet she feels way behind her game if she hasnt been training much until recently and if the USAG sided more coach then players with the allegations....... I don't blame her.

"On top of that, after wining at Rio 2016, she had to cope with a lot. The Larry Nassar stuff was going on and I feel like she doesn't think she has the right support with USAG [USA Gymnastics].
"She has been out of the gymnastics world for 19 months and just came back in April. She hasn't trained a lot with quarantine,

Reactions: BS ISF

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There is a literal score book of difficulties for every move.

this is the path wakeboarding/snowboarding/etc started going down and luckily some dudes saw the writing on the wall and broke off for shit to be judged/scored differently and progression kept going in other "arenas"

like for instance- travis rice came up with natural selection to keep backcountry snowboarding in the limelight and progressing instead of just getting gymnasts-turned-snowboarders hucking out fuckin spins and flips on perfectly groomed shit.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Feel the worst for the girl who they told to stay home because theyre bringing Simone.....

Id be furious if I had a shot to go and they couldnt take me because she was going and then backed out of the events.
That's what my wife was saying this AM, but they do bring alternates, so reallyyyyy she isn't hurting anyone unless multiple more people back out/get injured and they run through all the alternates (super unlikely)

She took away someone's opportunity to be an alternate I guess, but barring the aforementioned scenario, that alternate wouldn't have done anything except sit in a hotel

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
That's what my wife was saying this AM, but they do bring alternates, so reallyyyyy she isn't hurting anyone unless multiple more people back out/get injured and they run through all the alternates (super unlikely)

She took away someone's opportunity to be an alternate I guess, but barring the aforementioned scenario, that alternate wouldn't have done anything except sit in a hotel

True.

Still would have been nice to be with the team and experience it all, even as an alternate. :dunno:

Reactions: Flyn

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
What a missed opportunity and waste of talent. You know she won't be back in 4 years, and she probably had the skill to sweep at least 3 olympics in a row if she kept her head in the game (though competing at age 27 in 2024 would be difficult). Like, you prepared for this for 5 years, and just bow out at the last minute.

Goes to show you how rare it is to have incredible talent AND the mentality required to perform well over years/decades. MJ, Brady, Phelps, there aren't many like those guys.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think this has more to do about it then anything... I bet she feels way behind her game if she hasnt been training much until recently and if the USAG sided more coach then players with the allegations....... I don't blame her.
That would make sense but if her problem was with USAG, there are much better ways to voice your disapproval than to back out at the last minute. Imagine if she said a month ago she wouldn't be competing in the Olympics for the USA because they haven't done enough to avoid another Nassar incident. Heads would roll and it would be a PR disaster for the olympics

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I need this all in a nutshell
4 time gold medalist (i think) and the most talented gymnast in history backed out of the team and individual all-around events at the last minute, citing "mental health" reasons. She was competing for the US.

Not throwing stones at all and nobody else should either (except for maybe another olympic gold medalist that has done what she's done), but it is unfortunate to see that talent go to waste.

EDIT she was also sexually assaulted before and during the 2016 olympics, so there's that as well.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Goes to show you how rare it is to have incredible talent AND the mentality required to perform well over years/decades. MJ, Brady, Phelps, there aren't many like those guys.
Someone just posted that she is the only gymnast that was sexually assaulted by Nassar (and others) that is still competing, didn't realize that, so my statement here was probably too harsh. Can't imagine what mental trauma that caused

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
- Caleb Dressel turning on the jets last night and getting gold in the 100m freestyle (and setting an Olympic record).
- Katie Ledecky and company winning silver in the 4x200 freestyle, breaking the world record. If it weren't for Katie, they wouldn't have even medalled.
- Suni Lee taking all around Olympic gold in Gymnastics.

Pretty good day yesterday...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
- Caleb Dressel turning on the jets last night and getting gold in the 100m freestyle (and setting an Olympic record).
- Katie Ledecky and company winning silver in the 4x200 freestyle, breaking the world record. If it weren't for Katie, they wouldn't have even medalled.
- Suni Lee taking all around Olympic gold in Gymnastics.

Pretty good day yesterday...
Did you see the 800m race? Finke (american) was 5th before the last turn, then passed them all in the last 50m to take the win

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info