2018 Mustang options leaked

Nothing else matters, thats the thing. Some of us won't by cars from a communist company that literally stole billions of dollars from us. Some of us also don't want some fake American Muscle car made by some metrosexual euro company. If I want a Euro car, I'd buy a damn Mercedes.

Hmmmm, corporate welfare? Say it's not so.

The challenger IS a Mercedes.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Lol. You've never seen the new ones then. My stripper Scat Pack has better interior than my Raptor. The Raptor is soft touch rubber shit everywhere. The Challenger has stitched leather wrapped on everything other than the dash. The suede/leather seats IMO are nicer than the all leather seats in the truck. They're definitely not the early model rubber shit everywhere, that's for sure.

Don't even get me started on my 12 CS' interior. Was even worse than the Raptor.

Try again gay boy.

I actually have. I've had many Chargers as rental cars for the last decade. I've also sat in a Scat Pack a few times like yours. Stitching and leather don't make a quality interior. Oh and I sat in a Hellcat too, so that makes me an expert.

The S197 Mustang interiors were straight up junk, but got better after the redesign in 2010.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Jason I couldnt disagree more about the challenger interior. Its so nice in my opinion. The seats are so comfy, and that huge screen on the dash is amazing. The UConnect is touted by many reviewers as the best car system around. And now it has apple car play and that samsung version too you can play with. The dash and gauges look sweet and its got lots of room to stretch your legs out in. Im a fan of the inside of the challenger. Its a nice place to be. The Camaro is a little on the cheap looking side. And believe it or not the mustang seems better to me. But again all these are my opinions.

Now if we are talking about 2014 and older challengers, then yes they are awful. So cheap and bland.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Hmmmm, corporate welfare? Say it's not so.

The challenger IS a Mercedes.

What happened with GM goes way beyond corporate welfare. They would have likely gone out of business had they not been bailed out. Other, more competitive companies could have picked up that business, its workers, and its supply chains. On top of that, GM then "repaid" the tax payers with stocks that were worth less than what we gave them, ultimately sticking the US taxpayers with billions in losses.

If I wanted a Mercedes, I'd buy a Mercedes, not a Dodge.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Agreed about him waiting.

Chrysler needs to catch up to what? The pony car war? They don't even have an entry in that segment.

The Mustang and Camaro. People cross shop all of these cars and they are competitors.

Too heavy for what? Handles poorly compared to vehicles not in its class maybe. Interior, nope....very wrong.
The challenger is the only modern muscle car. It makes no apology for being a big, heavy, comfortable, luxury (15+),touring car with lots of power in both na and power adder forms. Adequate brakes, stable chassis and suspension that inspire confidence on the road/track, awesome handling for its size, and a very comfortable ride. It doesn't try to be a pony car, but somehow the masses keep comparing them with pony cars. Maybe it's because I have never lost a stop light war with a mustang in my scat, a gt350 being among them. Just salty I suppose.

Dodge has acknowledged that the Challenger is too heavy and will lose significant weight when the next gen comes out. The Challenger is heavy not because it's a modern "Muscle Car" but due to cost savings, lack of resources due to financial turmoil/mergers, and using chassis/suspension components from an old Mercedes sedan.

The fact of the matter is that GM and Ford have better platforms and have developed a more refined product to compete at a global scale. Chrysler might do that in the next iteration, but for now they are using HP as a band aid.

Dodge has acknowledged that the Challenger is too heavy and will lose significant weight when the next gen comes out. The Challenger is heavy not because it's a modern "Muscle Car" but due to cost savings, lack of resources due to financial turmoil/mergers, and using chassis/suspension components from an old Mercedes sedan.

The fact of the matter is that GM and Ford have better platforms and have developed a more refined product to compete at a global scale. Chrysler might do that in the next iteration, but for now they are using HP as a band aid.

Agree with all of this.^

Only thing I add is it might not have been intended to be the only muscle car out there, but it accomplished it perfectly in my opinion......and oh what a bandaid it is! Even in na form. My 16 is by far my favorite car I've ever owned.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Keep telling yourself that, you will begin to believe it. You always lament about not getting the better pony car.......because price.

If i want a better one than the one i have now itll be a GT350 if/when it becomes avaiable with a 10speed.

bang for the buck will always be a factor so is how much the aftermarket supports. again the ford aftermarket is fucking gigantic vs the camaro one.

obviously the camaro is a great car but i still think its over priced. at the time i purchased mine i couldnt find a loaded auto 6th gen SS they maybe able to be had for under 40k now. :dunno:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If i want a better one than the one i have now itll be a GT350 if/when it becomes avaiable with a 10speed.

bang for the buck will always be a factor so is how much the aftermarket supports. again the ford aftermarket is fucking gigantic vs the camaro one.

obviously the camaro is a great car but i still think its over priced. at the time i purchased mine i couldnt find a loaded auto 6th gen SS they maybe able to be had for under 40k now. :dunno:

Its not over priced anymore. You can easily get a loaded 2SS auto with everything for well into the mid $30k's. The one I was looking at was $36k before taxes. It had auto, npp, mag ride and moonroof.

The red tags are still going strong, and now the dealers have the option to apply them to the cars they want. You just need to find a dealer that has a tag thats not applied, and see if they will apply it to the car you want.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Its not over priced anymore. You can easily get a loaded 2SS auto with everything for well into the mid $30k's. The one I was looking at was $36k before taxes. It had auto, npp, mag ride and moonroof.

The red tags are still going strong, and now the dealers have the option to apply them to the cars they want. You just need to find a dealer that has a tag thats not applied, and see if they will apply it to the car you want.

yes i know this i believe i even pm'd you when a local dealer was offering 10k off a 6th gen ss.

i still wont switch to a 6th gen SS if and thats if i sell what i have now it would only be to move up to a zl1 or a gt350.

more likely than those options will be a supercharger or single turbo for my 5.0.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
1D79D0B0-5E5D-4D39-8250-BFD87004C5FE_zpsjqd2ohmc.jpg
Gomez you look handsome!
With the right accents, that could look good, better than everybody owning DIB cars

No. There's no helping that color. It's ugly as sin.

The reason DIB is so popular is because it looks good...der! And no need to worry, DIB wasn't available after 2016

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
that didnt take long.

2018 Gen3 Coyote PCM cracked by HPT
http://www.fordnxt.com/news/hp-tuners-cracks-open-the-2018-mustang-calibration/

We have long heard rumors that the powertrain control module*in the upcoming Mustang might be locked up like Fort Knox. Imagine our relief when we learned that tuning support for the 2018 Mustang GT is already part of*HP Tuners’ latest software release — VCM Suite v3.7.x beta. That means people can start modding the next-gen S550 as soon as it rolls off the dealer lot!

“It was no more difficult than the other modern PCMs*we support,” Eric Brooks, Ford Calibration and Development engineer at HP Tuners, said of cracking the code inside the new Mustang’s computer.

We*recently dug into many of the improvements*laid upon the latest Mustang powertrain, but in case you haven’t been keeping track, the big changes are the addition of the dual-fuel system — that fuses both port and direct injection — and a 10-speed automatic transmission.

“The biggest hurdle I see for tuners will be learning to control the new 10-speed automatic,” Eric told us. “The majority of the engine control remains the same. Some tables are larger than before, but otherwise it is the same.”

Well so far im tracking

Whipple 3.0 blower coming for 2018 mustang and PCMs already cracked.

Ford Aftermarket moving ahead of schedule LOL! :ford:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info