2016 Ford GT350 discussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
We know you swing from the Hellcat. It's a straight line car. I get that. It's built for a different demographic than this and the Z/28. Just as the 911 GT3 is built for a different demographic from than a standard 911 owner.

I do?

who said it's "just a straight line car" anyways...

i think you missed my post in here too where I said i dig this... :rofl:

give credit where credit is due man...

they designed the hellcat to be able to go all out for 20 minutes and not lose any performance from it's engine.

show me the next 20 minute drag race you see :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmit1lNXwFA

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Sorry I reject your logic. The Z/28 is badass, but VERY expensive and limited production. The Boss was a GT with a different motor, some coolers and 24 more hp. It was also successful because it was cheap. $44k for a regular boss is a great deal considering you can load up a 13/14 GT for more than that. Again, if this new 350 is not loaded GT money as I said before, or isnt corvette weight, then its a fail. Another hyper-limited production car with retarded price tag and nothing else. Basically like the Z/28... I would consider this car as Im considering the charger and the challenger, and also wait for what GM brings. Im more sad than anything. I was rooting for ford to do what they just did, but with 200 more HP. As their typical customer, yes this would be built for me.

Corvette weight? That’s pretty unrealistic unless you added a ton of carbon fiber to the car, then you’d be bitching that the cost was too high.

Competition forced Ford’s hand. The Camaro was beating the Boss, even the 1LE put a beating to the Boss Laguna Seca. I think that the Z/28 and how well it handled caught Ford with their pants down too.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Corvette weight? That’s pretty unrealistic unless you added a ton of carbon fiber to the car, then you’d be bitching that the cost was too high.

Competition forced Ford’s hand. The Camaro was beating the Boss, even the 1LE put a beating to the Boss Laguna Seca. I think that the Z/28 and how well it handled caught Ford with their pants down too.

No man I wouldnt be bitching about it being expensive if it was corvette weight. Then the 500hp and matching price tag would make sense. This is what I have been saying since the get-go. On the flip side, if its not corvette weight, then it had better be loaded GT money. See the points Im trying to make. They need to pick a market and stick to it.

Furthermore why try to take market share away from an already very small market car like the Z/28???? That in itself make no sense. That car is stripped to the bones and is $75k and really only works on the track to its full potential. I SMH at GM for that car too. I was excited to see what it was going to be, but quickly wrote it off as a street car because of the 1 speaker and no a/c. Nope thats a bone headed move for GM to make that car, and for Ford to follow.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
totally writing off the hellcat as "it only goes straight" though is hilarious.

I'd love to see them all tested and I am sure they will shortly. I bet out of the three even though the Hellcat has significantly more power, the Z/28 and GT350 will be seconds faster. Look at the GT500 vs. Z28 as a good example of how horsepower doesn't always trump a well balanced chassis, good brakes, and sticky tires. Just like the GT500, the Challenger is under-tired from the factory.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'd love to see them all tested and I am sure they will shortly. I bet out of the three even though the Hellcat has significantly more power, the Z/28 and GT350 will be seconds faster. Look at the GT500 vs. Z28 as a good example of how horsepower doesn't always trump a well balanced chassis, good brakes, and sticky tires. Just like the GT500, the Challenger is under-tired from the factory.

Jason you are COMPLETELY right... And the next point is WHO CARES????????????????? Lets see them lined up at barrington and higgins and watch that hellcat with AUTO (lol) absolutely wipe the floor with them. Thats what people will care about.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No man I wouldnt be bitching about it being expensive if it was corvette weight. Then the 500hp and matching price tag would make sense. This is what I have been saying since the get-go. On the flip side, if its not corvette weight, then it had better be loaded GT money. See the points Im trying to make. They need to pick a market and stick to it.

Furthermore why try to take market share away from an already very small market car like the Z/28???? That in itself make no sense. That car is stripped to the bones and is $75k and really only works on the track to its full potential. I SMH at GM for that car too. I was excited to see what it was going to be, but quickly wrote it off as a street car because of the 1 speaker and no a/c. Nope thats a bone headed move for GM to make that car, and for Ford to follow.

i think the z28 is plenty badass...

and looks like this guy can drive it as a street car quite easily.

10346226_10202596379288110_4403301556253509392_n.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Jason you are COMPLETELY right... And the next point is WHO CARES????????????????? Lets see them lined up at barrington and higgins and watch that hellcat with AUTO (lol) absolutely wipe the floor with them. Thats what people will care about.

Let's see all three of them lined up at Autobahn Country Club. Not everyone cares about drag racing. Why don’t you write GM and let them know that no one cares about the Z06 being able to handle? Tell them to put all of their money into making it 1000hp with the stock brakes and suspension. See what I am getting at. This car wasn’t built for the straight line demographic. If it was a GT500 successor, I’d be bitching with both of you guys saying 500hp is weak. Ford chose to spend money elsewhere.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

it's not like any of us could drive them anywhere near their limits to get those road track times though anyways :rofl:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Ill accept your apology when the pricing is announced. And wouldnt you guys like this car more if it was exactly the same but with 700hp not 500??? Exactly...

Why does every performance version of every car have to be a Hellcat fighter with eleventy billion HP? The Hellcat is badass, theres no denying that, but Ford made the GT500, and its still possible theyll make another. This car isnt designed to fight the Hellcat, its designed to be a track focused Mustang, a la BOSS and Z/28. Given that Ford has the resources to put nearly 650 HP in a Mustang, and chose not to leads me to believe they have another version that will rival the Hellcat. Remember this car was named GT350, not GT500. Take a look at the GT350 history, its not made on the huge Cobra Jet motors like the GT500, its in small high-revving track focused motors that were used in Trans Am and other series. Maybe Ford has plans to use this new motor to go actual racing in Trans Am, the Pirelli World Challenge, etc.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Let's see all three of them lined up at Autobahn Country Club. Not everyone cares about drag racing. Why don’t you write GM and let them know that no one cares about the Z06 being able to handle? Tell them to put all of their money into making it 1000hp with the stock brakes and suspension. See what I am getting at. This car wasn’t built for the straight line demographic. If it was a GT500 successor, I’d be bitching with both of you guys saying 500hp is weak. Ford chose to spend money elsewhere.

all three of them lined up at autobahn would matter far greater on who's driving than which car is there whether it be gt500/hellcat/gt350/z28...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info