2014 Corvette Z51: 12.0 sec @ 119 mph (est)

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
People need to stop thinking the Corvette as a drag racing car. GM specifically engineers the car for road racing via the technology transfer program through the C6.R. This car is very impressive in the fact that the BASE Z51 Vette ran a 2:51 at VIR, which beats out a the majority of high end sports cars. Wait until the Z06 comes out!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
119 is a fast trap for 12.0

it's prolly good for a mid 11 with some tire.

As long as spinning on launch isn't inflating that mph I would say on a drag tire it would go low 11's. With seasoned drivers and some 'tricks' I could see high 10's possibly.

It's not an Audi, but it's not THAT bad. I mean I drive a Mustang, which doesn't have the greatest interior. The worst thing about previous Vettes were the seats and lack of bolstering.

The corvette has been a top car in the US market for a long time. No denying that. And the performance value is great. I think any GM hater would have to give it that.

Over the last decade or so US cars have finally been getting things they were lacking when compared to overseas offerings. Like good brakes, nicer interior materials and build quality. As well as performance outside of driving in a strait line. Some cars more than others of course.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
People need to stop thinking the Corvette as a drag racing car. GM specifically engineers the car for road racing via the technology transfer program through the C6.R. This car is very impressive in the fact that the BASE Z51 Vette ran a 2:51 at VIR, which beats out a the majority of high end sports cars. Wait until the Z06 comes out!

That time is dead nuts with the two C6 ZR1s that C&D has tested there.

Something tells me it's not going to run as quick when it runs in Lightning Lap.

That said, the C7 is HOT HOT HOT. It's honestly the first vette I've ever considered owning.

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
and lets not forget this is before a tune, cai, long tube headers etc... This is a low 11 second car with some basic mods and a decent set of tires. Ranger over on corvette forum got a bone stock C6 Z06 to run a 10.85 or something crazy if i remember right. That was a $75k Z06 now you can get that performance for $52k.

I still think used C6 Z06 are the best performance bargain out there $35-45k for a high 10 low 11 second car that can handle as well as go fast in a straight line.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
and lets not forget this is before a tune, cai, long tube headers etc... This is a low 11 second car with some basic mods and a decent set of tires. Ranger over on corvette forum got a bone stock C6 Z06 to run a 10.85 or something crazy if i remember right. That was a $75k Z06 now you can get that performance for $52k.

I still think used C6 Z06 are the best performance bargain out there $35-45k for a high 10 low 11 second car that can handle as well as go fast in a straight line.

Wasn't self tuning to basic mods a big thing with this new platform? Curious to see how well this works out and how far it can be pushed.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Like people said, its not built for drag racing..but I was expecting a little more. People have been bottom 12's (and maybe even a little faster) with stock LS3 C6's. Still, not a slow car by any means.

My thoughts exactly. This isn't much faster than an LS3 if at all when it comes to a straight line. Glad to know my R8 will smoke the c7 in a stop light race.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
You can't compare official estimates of the new car versus real-world numbers of the old one. We all know there's a difference between what the OEM says and what happens when guys get the car in their hands. Chevrolet officially said the LS3 2013 could do 12.6 seconds @ 115 mph, and look what guys are doing in the real world. Now imagine what the 2014 can do with a 12.0 estimate @ 119. If they think this car chops off over half a second from the 2013, I can't wait to see what dudes can pull with a proper tire on the car.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
You can't compare official estimates of the new car versus real-world numbers of the old one. We all know there's a difference between what the OEM says and what happens when guys get the car in their hands. Chevrolet officially said the LS3 2013 could do 12.6 seconds @ 115 mph, and look what guys are doing in the real world. Now imagine what the 2014 can do with a 12.0 estimate @ 119. If they think this car chops off over half a second from the 2013, I can't wait to see what dudes can pull with a proper tire on the car.

Boom

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It's not an Audi, but it's not THAT bad. I mean I drive a Mustang, which doesn't have the greatest interior. The worst thing about previous Vettes were the seats and lack of bolstering.

You should drive an SN95 car with leather seats. If the seats were any higher you would fly right out the fucking window in a turn! :lmao:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info