2014 1/2 mile MPH guesses and goals

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Any stockish Coyote guys run the 1/2 mile last year? I have nothing to gauge what a decent 1/2 mile time is for this car.

Roush intake and bassani axle backs only on a stock tune yielded me a 139mph. Runs were mainly 135-137 mph.

Edit...i did have my frpp suspension and a BMR PHB on as well. Stock LCA

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I wanna crack ~142... did 138.xx last year... gaining 5 mph could be neat

I'm still hoping for this.

Car is running strong, I'm seeing a bit more boost than I did last year too now- last year I saw around ~13psi or so... but with that terrible exhaust leak.

Now I got the rear manifold exhaust leak fixed, I am seeing ~15psi.

so i'll be able to build boost a whole lot quicker at the line... and get going a bit faster- who knows if that will help.

not changing anything else really.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm still hoping for this.

Car is running strong, I'm seeing a bit more boost than I did last year too now- last year I saw around ~13psi or so... but with that terrible exhaust leak.

Now I got the rear manifold exhaust leak fixed, I am seeing ~15psi.

so i'll be able to build boost a whole lot quicker at the line... and get going a bit faster- who knows if that will help.

not changing anything else really.

You should fill it up on some 100octane.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i have no real gauge of how fast i will be due to the car only making 3 passes down the 1/4 and it not wanting to shift out of 1st every time. this was also on stock pulley. im now on a 3.5 and a better intake.

so im betting low and i will be happy with anything over 110.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This may be a question that doesn't belong here but how many 1/2 mile guys run a 3 speed transmission? And what rear gear is typically run? I am asking because I'd like to see my turbo truck with a TH400 get into this. If I need to swap trans, I'll start looking.

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] did in his t/a last year and went 17x iirc.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Any stockish Coyote guys run the 1/2 mile last year? I have nothing to gauge what a decent 1/2 mile time is for this car.

I went 143 with a tune. I think if I got another pass it would have gone 145. I was leaving harder every pass and making good improvements. I was also on hard Goodyear F1 tires that spun into 3rd gear.

The new combo I think I could go 150. Cobra Jet intake & throttle body as well as some tape to make the front end have a little more aero. Hopefully come October I will be ready with new headers.

Thanks man! I was getting ready to get raped by Pratt, then the rain came down like a mofo...it saved me from embarassment.

I wanted to see us side by side. Sucked the rain came when it did.

Based on what I saw, the heat sucked the power out of many cars this weekend. I'd say most cars were down 5 to 10 mph compared to last year.

Heat is not the friend to horsepower. That is for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info