2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, return of the Hammer!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It's time for another auto show, so that means embargoes are breaking again. This time out, its the new E63 AMG from Mercedes Benz that will get its debut at the New York Auto Show next week. We're big fans of AMG's homegrown 6.2-liter V8 around the Autoblog campfire – particularly in C63 guise. The engine is now being dropped into the newest E-Class that debuted at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year, along with all the other typical AMG goodness. The more spacious engine compartment of the mid-size E63 allows the big engine enough room to produce 518 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque, the same as in the big boy S63.

Unlike its AMG sedan siblings, however, the 186 mph E63 is equipped with the seven-speed dual clutch Speedshift gearbox that debuted in the SL63 roadster. That development allows it to consume 12% less premium petrol than the previous iteration which had a mere 507 hp to play with. Standard 18-inch or optional 19-inch alloys with matching rubber help transfer the drive and braking torque to the pavement – and in typical AMG fashion, there promises tl be plenty of the latter to counter-balance the former.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Reaction score
Not really liking those headlights, but i thinks it is because of the round ones on the current gen.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
ill take one in a wagon.

bluzohh6

The system works
Reaction score
still slower and more expensive to mod, the 63 is a fail in the modding category

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I dont know much about transmissions but what the hell is the point of going beyond 6 speed trannies? Skool me

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Reaction score
I dont know much about transmissions but what the hell is the point of going beyond 6 speed trannies? Skool me
You can have the gears spaced together better, then have the top 2-3 gears be massively OD. That way when the car upshifts its always going to be in its meaty powerband.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
i wonder what it runs, i'm guessing low 12's, maybe with DR's high 11's? either way i want 2
Mid to high 12s. The lighter c63 runs low 12s with the same motor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom