💸 For Sale 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Price (USD)

Just putting this up here for shits and giggles. I am not in a crunch to sell or in dire straights, but figured I'd get a flavor going... As many may know, I am courting a new lady in my life and if I can sell this, I can put a nice down payment on a new cow.

Car: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
- 78,000 miles
- 6.0L L76 (a Gen IV variant of the God's engine family... The LS motor)
- Sport Red Metallic
- Black leather'ish interior
- Sunroof (option #1)
- 19" sport wheels (option #2) and what I am selling on the car. My Camaro 20's I use in summer ARE NOT included, but can be for an additional amount. The 19's have two new Continental Control Contact and two newer Continental ProContact tires I bought from Dr. Jimbo (I will also include the extra 2 Pro contact tires as I bought all 4 from him)

I have had this car for 5+ years now, I bought it with 39k on it, so I doubled the mileage. While is is a psuedo-daily, it doesn't get driven in rain and certainly not snow, so it's still "clean" for a car that has lived the last 5 years in the upper midwest. The car came from the Pensacola, FL area before me. You can see the outline of "Vince Whibbs", the Pontiac dealer it was bought new from down there, on the trunk lid. The car runs like a scalded cheetah, so no issues, no CEL, no driveability or performance issues.

Things done to it;
- RotoFab CAI
- Summit racing X-pipe in place of the original mid-muffler
- Solo Axle-backs
- Plugs and wires (MSD wires IIRC)
- New front main seal and harmonic balancer (I will explain below)
- New valve cover gaskets
- Range DOD override gizmo plugged in to the DLC port (I will include as DOD is one of the most annoying things out there...)
- 6K LED headlights (both low and high beam) in TYC housings
- 3K LED foglights
- Spyder LED tail lights that mimic an HSV set used down under
- Dash backlighting all red like "Pontiac Warm Red"
- Some Australian one piece spoiler that replaced the OEM two piece that got ripped off in the scratch-o-matic.
- Weathertech floor liners.

One thing that needs to be taken care of come spring (If I still have it by then, I will do it)
- A/C tensioner revised bracket: I mentioned above that it has a new front main seal and harmonic balancer. There is an issue on G8's where their OEM A/C belt tensioner design is shit. So at high RPM's it likes to throw the A/C belt. The problem is, when it does this, it can be prone to taking out the CMP sensor and/or front main seal. Mine did the later, so I replaced the front seal and put on a new harmonic balancer. To buy time, I also installed a new tensioner and new A/C belt (as that stretches to, exaggerating the problem). Anyway, long story short, the correct (permanent) fix is a revised A/C tensioner that has a double pinching roller setup (the Caprice and SS use it from the factory). But this is a little tedious to replace and I just hadn't gotten there yet. Car runs fine. A/C runs fine when the belt is on. Right now, since it's winter, I just left the A/C belt off after the last time it jumped.

Things that aren't perfect about it;
- lower front fascia is cracked/busted. It was when I bought it. I think the previous owner like to whack concrete park stops or something
- scuffs, scrapes, and other paint wear commensurate with a ~14 year old car.
- Interior has the standard G8 headliner issue sag. I buy upholstry tacks from menards, paint them flat black and use them to pin it up in places. Again, this is a normal G8 issue.
- Leather/rubber door handle covers like to lose their glue bond with the underlying material, so I have gorilla glued them back down.

My original thread;

Asking $22k OBO. This seems to be the area I see others going for. I have both keys and it's paid it off, so I have the title in my grubby little hands. I will also add in the stock parts I have too. I won't need them. :D

This is with the 19's on it (how it is sitting now for winter).

1703909242589.png

Note, the following pics are with the Camaro 20's on it. They ARE NOT included in the sale;
1703909847379.png

20200711_153815.jpg

20200711_154040.jpg

Interior;

1703909297343.png

1703909343564.png

1703909389723.png

1703909445987.png

This is after I converted the gauge cluster to all red as it is now;
1703909657453.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Hold on, let me go get the price sheet they gave me with all the "add ons" that I told them to stuff it. The sales guy did say that they could forgo the Protection Bundle and the Z-Guard but that they already installed the LoJack. I replied, "Well, that's on you guys then too, because I didn't ask for that..."

1) $2,995.00 Protection Bundle
2) $2,495.00 Lo Jack
3) $1,995.00 Z-Guard

1704007578262.png

I get that dealers do shit like this. This ain't the first time I've bought a car, but FFS.

So yea, this along with the no sunroof were kinda the reasons I walked away. Now that I see this shady shit, it further validates my feels... They should be going the other way. Matter of fact, the discussion I had with the sales droid was that the $59k got me in the door, lets work on that, the other way... NOT up. I get it's a slow time of year for a car like this, but they'd had this thing since Sep 15th based on the history report. So they can't claim they have demand for it with people coming in getting in to near fist fights over it!

Oh, it also has the CEL on (you can see it in one of the photos). The droid thought it was because it was running catless, which I looked under and saw cats, so not sure. He said he would get me the service history while they had it as it had a couple entries from them. I got nothing today.

1704009254234.png

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sorry, on a roll tonight... GTO has me agitated...

Anyway, here is the history while they have had it...

1704009778929.png

What dealership does that multi-point inspection to sell a car, services the tires/wheels as noted, but then puts it on to the showroom floor with 4 completely bald tires, one of which (the drivers front), has a fucking nail in it? Was that technician Ray Charles?

$300'ish a tire, That's $1,200, plus another $200'ish to mount balance, there's are least $1,500 of the price increase.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Can you just keep the g8 tho? I like the g8.
You makin' a contribution to help pay for it? :D Just straight math with no interest, $60k over 60 months is a $1k car payment. I don't get in to my finances on the board, but I do have other financial obligations. A $1k monthly note is a hard "NO" to either of us. I like the G8 too, but if it can knock off a sizable amount of the $60k, well. Someone will chime in and say "Sell the Caddy". It has been the game plan for awhile, but some of the flat out offers, the car is basically worth scrap. No one wants it as the CTS-V is the desirable one. There are a handful out there on the sites where the owners want what I think is a "fair" amount for the car, but those cars haven't sold for nearly a year. So at this point, that one is just cheaper to keep'er. The GTO isn't going anywhere at this point. That's my baby.
Did you scroll through the gauge cluster menu and look at the top speed on this bad boy?
No. They didn't even have the key available and since it was in that showroom and it was rainy/dreary out, I wasn't going to drive it that night anyway.
That's a hard NO on the Charger..waaaay better deals and cars out there.
Actually there isn't in my price range for what I want, in the colors I want. There is a plethora of red and black ones, but those are two of the last colors I would ever consider. I like the blues, destroyer grey, the purples, or that metallic orange if one were to ever present itself. What is out there is also all narrow bodies, have a ton of mileage and come back with body damage or stolen on the vehicle history reports. Every time I see a promising one, boom... Stolen or front end damage.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Actually hit 78k on the way back from the other house tonight.

20240102_234537[1].jpg

And yes you goons, the tire light is on because I put the stock 19's on for winter and never relearned them as they are set for the Camaro 20's. For the amount of mileage it gets driven over winter, it's not worth it.

Reactions: Pro Stock John

Thread Info