Drag to reposition cover

CMNT does another Holden thing... Again

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Just reserving space for Holden #2 in my life, as I do things to it.

2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT.

I don't have many pics, other than the ones I took in the parking garage the other day when someone (John), finally noticed my signature change.

Car does have scuffs/scratches/etc that a 10 year old would. The previous owner must've hit a curb or something really good because the bottom of the front is cracked, and since this was a Florida car, lots of weatherstripping and other dry rotting. However, interior was spotless the car had less than 38k on it when I bought it. Also has the optional (and spotless) 19's and sunroof.

I'm not going to do a ton to it since it is to be a DD. Just more personalization things. Probably just stick to Intake and axle-backs.

Now with more interior pics;

Last edited by a moderator:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I gotta take them first.

Wifey told me that a BIG box came today. That would be my new headlight assemblies from Rock Auto. The ones on the car, I spent about 2 hours with my FLEX last week and while I made a huge improvement, they still look crappy close up... So I bit the bullet. The HID's are coming too.

Then the LED tails and then I want to change my gauges from white to red (like I had Chris White do to my GTO as well as converting an '05 cluster to an '04 car). Jeff (Bohnmann) will do that.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
good to know all them have terrible weather stripping all three G8 that I have stroked on all had the weather stripping completely gone. Made me worried about the amount of water sitting in the bottom of the doors

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cmon now Mannnn, it needs a stall converter at least

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
good to know all them have terrible weather stripping all three G8 that I have stroked on all had the weather stripping completely gone. Made me worried about the amount of water sitting in the bottom of the doors
Things seem to be holding for now. With all the torrential downpours we've had lately (and I've been driving it in), I've been monitoring the floors for any wetness. None so far.

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
1 7/8 long tubes
Probably LS7 Throttle body

New tires because we're gonna be shredding them daily.....

And......... It really needs...... A blower

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nice car, Congratulations :smile:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
And then my son is watching videos of G8's doing burnouts on YouTube last night when I get home... YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!! :D

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Guy on the SS Forum has PM'd me offering up his 2015 SS mufflers (which are louder than the G8 GT's), and his olde G8 Roto-fab intake.

Hmmm... :D

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Thanks. SRM is my favorite color on the G8

I have now added interior pics.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
The tune Speed Inc did on my cat back CAI 09 made a night and day difference. I had gift cards for Speed Inc (that I didn't ask for) and it only cost me another $50 out of pocket. I wasn't expecting to notice much if anything, but was completely surprised as to how much more responsive it was.

If you want an extra near new set of floor mats, you can have mine.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I may take you up on that.

Not sure with just intake and axle-backs that it will really need to be "tuned". I know Jim is awesome as he's tuned everything GM I have (well, not the Suburban), but got to weigh the cost/benefit.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
You could also see the slight outline of the dealership sticker that was on the trunk. I knew the car came from Florida based on the vehicle reports, but I found the dealer. Vince Whibbs in Pensacola.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I was gonna PM you eventually. I just don't have time to do it myself.

A couple nights ago, I did get a few chunks of what looked like some gum like stuff on the c-pillar and the hood with the FLEX. But then the next day, I found two more up on the roof by the antenna.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
CMNT does another Holden thing...

Intake and tune are mandatory. Tune that dod crap off.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
They ran a Black Friday tuning special that also helped bring the cost down.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering if DOD has already been tuned out. I know on the Impala an icon comes on the dash when it is in 4 cyl mode. I have yet to see that on this thing (Maybe it doesn't have such a notification). I also haven't noticed the momentary lapse when it's in 4 cyl mode and going to all 8.

Of course, it could also be that the way I drive, it just hasn't had a chance to even engage... :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom