2005 Magnum R/T in limp mode.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
So I've tried researching and haven't found a lot of help on the subject. Car is a 2005 Magnum R/T with the 5.7 Hemi.

The car went into limp mode the other day, had to get it towed home. Threw the scanner on, I have a P0340, P0129, and P0405.

I replaced the EGR valve once right after I got the car. That was a about 3 months ago. Bought a Dorman unit I believe from Rockauto.com. I also replaced the Cam position sensor 2 weeks ago, bought one from the dealer. Car ran great for a day, then the issue returned.

Here's a pic of my dash.

Any ideas? From what I've found on the issue, it could be a bad cam sensor, throttle body, broken wire, or pcm. So, not really sure where to start and I don't want to just start throwing parts at it.

TIA.

ChicagoSRT8

Reaction score
Have you considered taking it in to the dealer? Since it could be a pcm issue? Re flash?

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
I'm really hoping to not have to do that. I have post on the LXforums as well. I'm thinking about replacing the connector to the cam sensor. Or calling the dealer about a return on the sensor, should be able to do that still.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
most places wont do retuns on electrical parts.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Reaction score
Update: So found the receipt from the dealer, you were right can't return that sensor. Anyway, cleared the codes tried to start, they returned and car was in limp mode again. So, still had the original sensor. Reinstalled it and cleared the codes. Car started right up. So, I'm thinking the original is starting to fail, and the replacement was DOA. Only worked for a day. Going to order another one, and also a MAP sensor due to the codes thrown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom