@allgmnutswingers

20200701_134601.jpg

Pretty kewl overlay

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I am not an attorney, but I play one on TCG...

I would get an attorney and have those in attendance get their stories straight with said attorney before memories become blurry.

Keep the attorney piece quiet. If word gets out you are preparing for a legal battle, it makes this guy’s family decision that much easier to go to battle.
I have retained an attorney and no reason to keep it quiet. Spoke with him for about an hour on the phone.
We are all on the same page. The next time I call him will be when the police come back asking questions again which he said will be anytime now. He will meet me and my Family at the police station for any questions.
Im fine with deleting posts, Shawn just has to give the word and theyre gone.
Any posts prior to this can be deleted and much appreciated if they were. Not life and death but my attorney said its better that way.
These posts and any other posts I make after this are fine as I know what I can and shouldnt say now.
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 sorry you are in this predicament. What you should do is call your home owners Insurance agent and tell him/her what happened. Because it happened in your house they will probably be going after you for hospital bills and pain and suffering. I would rather have a big Corpo lawyer firm from Statefarm or Allstate have my back in a situation like this.
Brought that up to my attorney. He said hold off on doing that for now. No reason to inform them unless they come after my home owners.
He thinks there is a better chance of myself being sued personally more so than them coming after my home owners.

My Wife did make it to the hospital with my son and his GF so they could say their good byes. Pretty much the whole family gave them the cold shoulder which is pretty fucked up imo.
Again this doesnt have to be deleted, but anything previous would be cool

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
My Wife did make it to the hospital with my son and his GF so they could say their good byes. Pretty much the whole family gave them the cold shoulder which is pretty fucked up imo.

If this is the case I would venture to say it's probably a good thing you retained a lawyer just in case.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
And shit just went from good to horrible in a matter of 12hrs. Wife just called me balling her eyes out. The aunt called and said he took a turn for the worse overnight and nothing more the Dr's can do, they will be pulling the plug on him. If anyone wants to see him one last time to come to the hospital.......FML. Un fucking believable!!!
That sucks man. Sorry to hear. It should be interesting what they found in his system. Like if drugs were involved. I’m sure the doctors did a complete blood and urine test to check for everything.
This post can be deleted too. If you want.

And I also agree about lawyering up.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I have retained an attorney and no reason to keep it quiet. Spoke with him for about an hour on the phone.
We are all on the same page. The next time I call him will be when the police come back asking questions again which he said will be anytime now. He will meet me and my Family at the police station for any questions.

Any posts prior to this can be deleted and much appreciated if they were. Not life and death but my attorney said its better that way.
These posts and any other posts I make after this are fine as I know what I can and shouldnt say now.

Brought that up to my attorney. He said hold off on doing that for now. No reason to inform them unless they come after my home owners.
He thinks there is a better chance of myself being sued personally more so than them coming after my home owners.

Really sorry you have to go through this. I just can't picture how someone could be held liable for a grown adult over 21 just collapsing on their property from a heart attack, even if alcohol played a part. If drugs played a part he obviously got them elsewhere, so again I wouldn't think there's any liability.

I'd imagine the autopsy will dictate how the family proceeds

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Got a call from the MIL last night saying the well pump isn't working at the cottage we're planning on leaving for this afternoon. They had their old plumber come out and "take a look" but he said he doesn't know. I'm guessing he just said fuck it, he doesn't know so he doesn't have to deal with it. No other plumber can get there for 2-3 weeks. Oh and the rod for one of the toilet floats is broken, they needed to call a plumber for that too :roflpicard:

So I will be going up and trying to figure out the well pump at either 10-11pm tonight, or wait until morning...That's already on the laundry list of other "repairs" I have to do when I get up there....looking less and less like a vacation, and more and more like work :fu:

Waiting on the well repair guy. Was supposed to be here yesterday, but couldn’t get here in time...no water in the house since we got here Tuesday....have to head to the river to get water to flush the toilets...

Dad150 rode REALLY well with it loaded up with stuff. Now that we unpacked and everything is out of the cab and bed, super bouncy. Also, god damn this 3.5 has some poke...hitting it on drive pavement, loaded, still got the tires to break loose at 20 mph on the downshift.

Also, watched the sunset from the “beach” (literally a 20 yard wide sand area with private beaches on either side) was pretty decent

E4662221-D5AC-4C3D-8D7C-30EC9E2736C2.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It's a good reminder never to let people do anything illegal at your house, if he were 20 you'd probably be in deep doodoo
Pretty much what my lawyer said. I have never at least to my knowledge let underage kids drink here. I have never been a fan of that due to the liability. Ive been to friends and other family members kids HS grad parties and seen kids getting fucking ripped. I get it if nobody is leaving and all the kids are staying. But if you have a pool, as we do one of those kids could accidentally drown or something that happened to us, basically a freak accident could happen

Thread Info