Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I have two favorites. Buttonā€™s master class in 2011. And in 2019 when Vettel ā€œwonā€.

YES. I hold that Button win almost in the same regard I do his first race win with Honda in Hungary 2006. God I need to hop on F1TV and rewatch that Hungary race. Such an awesome moment.

And yeah, the Vettel thing will forever be hilarious :ROFLMAO:

The third one that always comes to my mind when I think Canada is Kubica's crash in 07. To this day I STILL don't know how he didn't get completely fucked up from that crash. Just so amazing the way these cars are built, even back then. And think about how far they've come in safety SINCE then.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Montreal forecast:
1686933902411.png

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
SKIP FP1

Red flag thrown after Gasly lost forward motion, about 5 minutes in. At that time, or while they were recovering the car, the track's CCTV went down. So for safety issues no more action on track. Looking to extend FP2 by 30 minutes to make up for it.

MESSAGE RECEIVED. Skipping FP1, FP2 here we come!

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Post quali drama spoilers!!!

Oh shit. Huuuuuulllllkenberrrrrggggg slapped w/ a 3 place penalty for breaching red flag rules! That. SUCKS. Also hit w/ 3 place grid penalties, Sainz ( no surprise there), Tsunoda, and Canada's darling, Stroll!! :ROFLMAO: Gonna be a very different grid tomorrow.

Got my DVR set for both the normal broadcast AND the Ricciardo broadcast tomorrow

Reactions: PJx5x

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1687778360569.png

Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds is broadening his business interests in the sports world.

The actorā€™s investment firm, Maximum Effort Investments ā€” whose other backers include actors Rob McElhenney and Michael B. Jordan ā€” is teaming up with private equity firm RedBird Capital Partners and Otro Capital to buy a 24 percent stake in the Alpine Formula 1 Race Team. The partners are paying the teamā€™s owner, Renault Group, about 200 million euros ($218 million) for the stake, valuing the team at roughly $900 million.

Reactions: PJx5x

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
View attachment 168062

Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds is broadening his business interests in the sports world.

The actorā€™s investment firm, Maximum Effort Investments ā€” whose other backers include actors Rob McElhenney and Michael B. Jordan ā€” is teaming up with private equity firm RedBird Capital Partners and Otro Capital to buy a 24 percent stake in the Alpine Formula 1 Race Team. The partners are paying the teamā€™s owner, Renault Group, about 200 million euros ($218 million) for the stake, valuing the team at roughly $900 million.
Not sure how I feel about this, it just seems when Americans get their paws on shit the purity of it is lost. I miss the F1 from early 2000ā€™s. Donā€™t get me wrong I love the extra coverage, the merchandise also. But just seems like with anything that gets popular it get lost.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I knew he was rich enough to buy then sell Mint Mobile. Didn't realize he was rich rich.

The actor has an estimated net worth of $350 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth
that is rich tv land GIF by Throwing Shade

Thread Info