Ford coming back to F1 racing? Mayyyybe

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I watched a bunch of the pre-season testing sessions, which are four hours each. Very odd to see/hear the Sky presenters on F1TV.

Random musings:
  • Bottas's mustache and mullet combo, pure awesomeness. He's going full on Keke Rosberg with the 'stache, better than Keke's son could ever do. His helmet, which his partner designed is also great (mentioned above). He's going all-in with the laid back vibe, NFG.
  • Aston Martin, off to a bad start. Made it a few turns before it shut down. That's Day 1 Session 1.
  • The team's are taking their cars au naturel with a "mostly" carbon fiber look, to save weight. Lots of exposed carbon fiber now.
  • Ford Mustang Race Control car? :oops:
  • McLaren wheel covers, carried over from last year, still trippy and cool. Alfa's have a nice red ring around theirs, also neat.
  • Interesting fact - 60% of the Team Principals are new. Some from promotion, some from shifting from other teams.
  • Haas and AlphaTauri paint schemes look very similar, making them hard to tell apart at times
  • The Las Vegas 2023 jackets, pure Elvis, and look utterly amazing
  • Williams's air intake is painted like a Duracell battery, one of their sponsors. Brilliant idea, excellent execution.
  • Most of the teams are sporting some newly designed rear spoilers, and take some getting used to.

Redesigned F1TV app (Apple TV), some pros, some cons. Con - the episodes are in a grid layout (instead of list). Long names are truncated. There have been two days of testing, two sessions each. You can't tell which is which because the names are so long. Have to start playing them to see which one you've selected. Bad design.

Thread Info